Keep frying my fuseable link. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have replace my fuseable like twice now and it keep frying it! Its almost like there's a short on the plug in. Its only that wire that shorts out! I have traced it to the fire wall and now I've hit a wall! Lol. Please any ok me else have a continuous short? Or is there a way to abandon and run a whole new one

Had a similar problem when I first got my 80. Do you have remote start or a keyless entry that might be wired for remote start. Great place to start.

I have replace my fuseable like twice now and it keep frying it! Its almost like there's a short on the plug in. Its only that wire that shorts out! I have traced it to the fire wall and now I've hit a wall! Lol. Please any ok me else have a continuous short? Or is there a way to abandon and run a whole new one
1. Provide vehicle details.
2. Which of the 3 fusible links is popping?

1. Provide vehicle details.
2. Which of the 3 fusible links is popping?
It is a 1997 1fzfe the link whit the grey plug

Screenshot_20200909-183959_Messages.jpg

It is a 1997 1fzfe the link whit the grey plug
That feeds +12 to all injectors, coil, igniter, etc.
You're looking for a short in the main engine harness most likely by the EGR pipe.

That feeds +12 to all injectors, coil, igniter, etc.
You're looking for a short in the main engine harness most likely by the EGR pipe.
I had a similar short but it was an injector wire touching the fuel rail. Oddly enough there were 3 spots of bare wire in a 3 inch section. It popped two fusible links before I found it.

Yup, my issue also. Ended up being a fuel injector wire that had rubbed through the outer wire cover over the years. Had to pull the throttle body to find it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom