Jimbob’s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

“No one backs in” - Jake
Looks like your next Dave

C88F4979-A46A-4728-A0B7-3222BFACA110.jpeg

B8C615BA-2256-4C28-9C6C-F9AB9F41C65A.jpeg

FE1FCE8C-1CA2-48AA-A4D2-B67A4074D66C.jpeg

0E742377-C9CD-46A0-8876-5F2758179077.jpeg

1B55DB9F-67F3-4085-9518-922E23F6C0CF.jpeg

Fj Summit X, my first time taking the 60 to the mountains

still had the desmoged 2f in it and was having a fun time at altitude but being it was my first time I didn’t care, the mountains were doing their thing and I was getting hooked, I just didn’t know it

DBCC830A-8284-483C-BCCD-F17FD21E1D7E.jpeg

Last edited:
Ah man...looks like your first trip was joining the FJ Summit group. Ironically this was our first x as well. Was with McGuire and Monroy and had a blast. Fell in love with the San Jaun’s but kept scratching our heads after 3 or 4 FJC owners asked us what kind of truck McGuire was driving (60/12HT). I believe this was 2016. Over a campfire and a few beers, this is where McGuire came up with the idea for a SAS (4J’s camp site). Thank God MJ already knew Casey because his old man had zero event organization skills :). All it took was one conversation with CA and the rest is history. Otherwise we’d still be sitting around camp fires wondering why the FJC folks keep making us tail gunners and looking at us like we were from a foreign country.
Huge thank you to the Archer boys/family!

Ah man...looks like your first trip was joining the FJ Summit group. Ironically this was our first x as well. Was with McGuire and Monroy and had a blast. Fell in love with the San Jaun’s but kept scratching our heads after 3 or 4 FJC owners asked us what kind of truck McGuire was driving (60/12HT). I believe this was 2016. Over a campfire and a few beers, this is where McGuire came up with the idea for a SAS (4J’s camp site). Thank God MJ already knew Casey because his old man had zero event organization skills :). All it took was one conversation with CA and the rest is history. Otherwise we’d still be sitting around camp fires wondering why the FJC folks keep making us tail gunners and looking at us like we were from a foreign country.
Huge thank you to the Archer boys/family!
Wish we would have crossed paths, I felt like I was the only carburetor there and everyone was looking at me like you got this ancient rig up here how?why?

So glad Mcguire talked you into getting the ball rolling on this event. The rigs, people, environment all around so much better. So thank you Johnsons for seeing the need and making it happen.

32x9.5x15 super swampers

love these tires on the trail rigs, will fit on stock leafs, some rub if you’re getting wild, no run on OME

but the real purpose of this post is PSI

What PSI does the super swamper sit flat for even wear going down the road (everyone sees their swampers bald in the center with loads of tread left on the sides (overinflation))

So I got the chalk and tire gauge out.

30 psi the center two lugs touch and that’s it

was not till I a got down to 20 psi that the side lugs made some contact

18 PSI was the magic number for flat wear clear across the tire.

Ask me what I run in them

30psi on road, 12psi offroad or on the way home from the parks because who airs up. Enjoy that soft ride home.

2FF1A31C-E3E3-4A53-835E-EFC9C8099F2C.jpeg

D133973A-FAE1-4A61-A5E5-F8165D7914CC.jpeg

9640B773-E4AD-4A4D-A351-55675757A346.jpeg

Wish we would have crossed paths, I felt like I was the only carburetor there and everyone was looking at me like you got this ancient rig up here how?why?

So glad Mcguire talked you into getting the ball rolling on this event. The rigs, people, environment all around so much better. So thank you Johnsons for seeing the need and making it happen.
Ha. I can’t take credit. We got Casey involved and it took off. Sorta like the movie Nightshift with Keaton and Winkler (1986). McGuire is Keaton (idea man) and Archer is Winkler who makes it happen :).

Ha. I can’t take credit. We got Casey involved and it took off. Sorta like the movie Nightshift with Keaton and Winkler (1986). McGuire is Keaton (idea man) and Archer is Winkler who makes it happen :).
Nope. Pretty sure you lit the fire, they just stoked it. And I’m glad for the fire it keeps me nice and warm

Looks like you have a massive Roof Top Tent in this picture.😱

AD51C31F-7FA6-4E4C-879E-CE52259CEB66.jpeg

Glad you got up there and educated them...sadly though that’s probably when they started calling 60’s...”FJ’s”.

Glad you got up there and educated them...sadly though that’s probably when they started calling 60’s...”FJ’s”.
There was a lot of that, but a lot of them like me had never been out there before let alone seen a 60

Fj Summit X here we come!

It was my first time to the mountains in a landcruiser, some 900 miles from home, and didn’t know a soul out there. Decided a trailer might be a good idea.

No it’s not more cost effective to trailer, I was trying to sell it to myself to trailer out 😂.
Kansas City - Montrose without a hiccup

917372DC-BB46-46B2-BA54-ADA8C8A7A344.jpeg

DEEDE5E6-34CE-498C-9BED-AA56F18CB0E5.jpeg

12A51B67-F5A1-494C-A7D1-D41F72B76059.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom