Builds JEFFKISTHENAME Build and Journey Thread aka djthegeepx on IG (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What was wrong with the factory latches and handle?

Is that KickAss power station basically the same as having a second battery? If I were to kick out my second battery and replace it with this, would it be essentially the same but better for my fridge, computer, phones, etc?
Do you still need a battery isolator for since it's kind of like dual batteries?

Great snow camping pic's!
Nothing was wrong with the factory latches and handle, but they could be improved:

1. The latches were improved by having a locking pin that prevented the latch from opening, which on the factory latches, the right side would sometimes loosen itself and crack open the tent slightly. These billet latches have a pin lock to secure the latch in its closed position while still retaining the ability to pad lock it.

2. The factory handle was plastic and felt kind of flimsy, and when E3Machine announced that they had a billet handle with a built in light, I was like, “That’s freaking cool. Getting it.”

Regarding the KickAss power station, I opted for the box without battery as I had previously purchased a Battle Born 100ah battery. The power station is charged by my RedArc BCDC1250D, so yes, it’s a dual battery system. If I were to do it all over again, I’d probably buy a Milwaukee Pack Out that I can fit a 200ah battery into and just buy all the plugs and what not from Powerwerx and custom build a cool Pack Out Battery Box power station just like the KickAss. The KickAss is very well executed though. Great piece of kit. They generally have a lot of sales too.

And thanks! Always trying to improve on capturing cool moments. My buddies and I are going to try and create content for YouTube, but don’t want it to become a chore. That Barney Riley video was mostly just clips of me talking and footage I gathered from the homies.

Reactions: r2m
Finally got time to edit footage from our Moab trip in 2023. Here’s Part 1 of more to come 😄:

Yep, only really down side on our GX's are those darned overhangs!
Hoping all you had to do was loosen your front bumper and push it up tight again. That's what I've had to do with mine before.
Although, my rear bumper, I had to bang on it with a baby sledge to straighten part of it out.

Yep, only really down side on our GX's are those darned overhangs!
Hoping all you had to do was loosen your front bumper and push it up tight again. That's what I've had to do with mine before.
Although, my rear bumper, I had to bang on it with a baby sledge to straighten part of it out.
Yes. But when I got back from Moab, I brought the bumper closest to the rear and then fastened the bolts there and cut the plastics to match. Less overhang now.

Reactions: r2m
Replaced my factory GX460 150amp alternator with a DC Power 270XP. Also replaced the Costco Interstate 27F with a X2Power 27F AGM battery. Still need to install the Voltage Booster for the battery and install the big 3 wiring upgrade for the alternator. I’m just happy to be driving my GX again as it’s been down for 3 weeks 🥹.

0DE1E95A-0269-4100-AAD2-26504E0D23D9.jpeg

13FE2781-D0B3-478F-854B-BBFAC9993AE8.jpeg

ABC74051-5073-48F6-BD1A-5F02F2941ED5.jpeg

50F8F082-3CAF-4324-94AA-18182F234663.jpeg

B3AA183E-BA4B-4A7B-BF00-202FF683F437.jpeg

Replaced my factory GX460 150amp alternator with a DC Power 270XP. Also replaced the Costco Interstate 27F with a X2Power 27F AGM battery. Still need to install the Voltage Booster for the battery and install the big 3 wiring upgrade for the alternator. I’m just happy to be driving my GX again as it’s been down for 3 weeks 🥹.

View attachment 3585016

View attachment 3585017

View attachment 3585019

View attachment 3585020

View attachment 3585021
Just did added the Voltage Booster Pro (Voltage Booster PRO "The O.G." (5th Gen 4Runner & GX460) - https://voltageboosterpro.com/product/og/) yesterday for my dual Odyssey PC1200 AGM's. It took my voltage from 13.7 VDC to 14.8 VDC on the high setting. On the low setting it sits at 14.3 VDC.
I swapped out alternators about a year and half ago with a 240 amp Tucson Alternator (2013 Lexus GX460 4.6L V8 Alternator | Tucson Alternator - https://www.tucsonalternator.com/search/2013/Lexus/GX460/Show%20All/4.6L%20V8/Alternator/) since I have the light bar, proximity lighting, winch, HAM radio, etc.
So far have been very pleased with the alternator.

Just did added the Voltage Booster Pro (Voltage Booster PRO "The O.G." (5th Gen 4Runner & GX460) - https://voltageboosterpro.com/product/og/) yesterday for my dual Odyssey PC1200 AGM's. It took my voltage from 13.7 VDC to 14.8 VDC on the high setting. On the low setting it sits at 14.3 VDC.
I swapped out alternators about a year and half ago with a 240 amp Tucson Alternator (2013 Lexus GX460 4.6L V8 Alternator | Tucson Alternator - https://www.tucsonalternator.com/search/2013/Lexus/GX460/Show%20All/4.6L%20V8/Alternator/) since I have the light bar, proximity lighting, winch, HAM radio, etc.
So far have been very pleased with the alternator.
I have the same Voltage Booster. Bought it like two years ago lol, but haven’t purchased the AGM until now haha. Still have to install it 😅.

I have the same Voltage Booster. Bought it like two years ago lol, but haven’t purchased the AGM until now haha. Still have to install it 😅.
Just a heads up:
>>> Make sure the fuse you pull to replace is the 7.5 amp fuse not the 20 amp just above it.
The photo is not very good, nor are the instructions and I wedged it into the 20 amp one and fried my master cylinder ECU.
A $2,800.00 mistake to fix. Now I have my "Air Suspension" light on all the time. Never had the issue for 5 years of being lifted. Ugggg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom