Is this FJ40 or 45. 1977 Desert Rider (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can you tell me if this is worth purchasing. Owner is asking for USD10K.

fj40-1.jpeg

fj40-2.jpeg

fj40-3.jpeg

fj40-4.jpeg

That is a fj43.
I don't know if it is worth it unless you show us a lot more pics.

A.J

That is a fj43.
I don't know if it is worth it unless you show us a lot more pics.

A.J

Sorry about that. This is all the guy sent for now. I will visit and post more pics. Need your opinion which is very important to me.

Wipers and tail lights tell me it's pre 1975

@aljollano - Thanks, I will try and get more pics..its difficult due to communication gap as seller cant speak english. Looks like you love your FJ43, you have had or have some many of them....whats the difference in FJ 40 and FJ 43?

@Keak - have you shortened the back, the one i am looking at looks a bit longer. Like the look of your cruiser, my aim is to make it desert driveable....did you change the leaf springs to coil overs, I am not sure if we are allowed to do this here as changes to chassis will cancel the registration automatically.

@FishTacos - LOL, will take it up and see if the owner accepts...wont tell him for sure.

@MOTOV8R - You are giving me confidence. How to ensure its clean...where to check for rusts etc. The car is about 1000miles from where I am....I need to be sure its well worth that journey for me..:)

@ferg - Will recheck for model year. perhaps it changed hands too many times and owner / seller thinks its a '77.

This is great, we have so many experts here i am confident, I will be able to satisfy my thirst for the FJ40.

So the 43 is more like a 45 in terms of length?

Correct me if I'm wrong.
FJ 40 Wheelbase Length 90 Inches
FJ 43 Wheelbase Length 95.7 Inches
FJ 45 Wheelbase Length 116 Inches
The springs in the rear of the 43 are the same ones that the 45 uses.
The 43 rides smoother compared to the 40 in my opinion.
A.J

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom