Is this Chinese all aluminum radiator IT?! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bad News

Just got off phone with Griffin Radiator. Ballpark figure for custom build is $850 (starter price). Build time is about 6-8 weeks. And they would need a physical copy of one to get actual dimensions.

They can do a "lot build" of several radiators but they would only deal with one person.

Thanks for checking in to it. Its gonna be a hard pass from me. I suppose that Chinese one is starting to look better.

Thanks for checking in to it. Its gonna be a hard pass from me. I suppose that Chinese one is starting to look better.
Yeah, me too. But I wonder if there's a shop that would remove the plastic tanks and install aluminum ones cheaper. Hmmm.

Yeah, me too. But I wonder if there's a shop that would remove the plastic tanks and install aluminum ones cheaper. Hmmm.

That would be an interesting development.

Excellent! Been looking for months. How I gotta find one for the 460. LOL

@MrTorgue have you installed this on your 470 yet? If so, would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks

Not yet. Gotta solve my front bumper and brakes on my 460 first. I really do want one.

Last edited:
Just curious, I got 15 years out of my OEM. How much more are you expecting out of a all aluminum?

It isn’t necessarily about length of use as it is I hate and have bad luck with plastic radiator parts. Aluminum will just last longer and be a little more durable.

I have the Koyo on order as well. No trans cooler look so plan accordingly. I have a WAT cooler for trans so no worries from me.

I have the Koyo on order as well. No trans cooler look so plan accordingly. I have a WAT cooler for trans so no worries from me.

I installed this a while back, it fits perfectly.

while it was apart, had the thermostat housing and o ring installed new along with fresh upper and lower radiator hoses, all factory Toyota.

note, use the factory transmission line hose, cut it, and bypass what would be the transmission warmer circuit.

also note, get a koyo radiator cap that fits this radiator, it's the motorsports cap. if you're using the screw in funnels, make sure to have more of the rubber o rings to sandwich, essentially the filler neck is longer than most stock necks and you need a double or triple stack of rubber o rings to get everything to sit upright and tighten down.

I reused those lines for my power steering cooler (factory transmission cooler repurposed).

Just curious, I got 15 years out of my OEM. How much more are you expecting out of a all aluminum?
I have what I would consider a much better quality mishimoto aluminum radiator in my FJ60 compared to the Chinese one here in question. I got 2 years and 3,000mi out of my first one before it started leaking, but they have lifetime warranties. Never in my life would I put an all aluminum chineesium radiator in any vehicle I had to depend on daily. The OEM and OE style replacements with plastic tanks are totally proven to last 10+ years and are cheap.

I wish Koyo would make a radiator for the 460... My factory one sprung a leak. So an OEM Denso it is...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom