Is this bottle jack the right year for my 62 FST? (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

majojo4

SILVER Star
Threads
Technically no; if it was from 1962 it would have a 5 digit part number stamped in it not the 10 digit on there. But that is splitting hairs, as I believe the general look is correct and very few would be able to spot the part number difference.

I believe the 10 digit numbering system started in 64?? John or Nerd would know for sure.

HTH :cheers:

63 was the first year Toyota used the ten digit numbering system. We got lucky in that Toyota published a FJ25 parts manual in both paper and micro-fiche in 1963 with the new and old part numbers.

:cheers:

I forgot about them switching to a 10 digit #sys...

sooo as far as his cruiser goes it would technically not be for his cruiser correct?

the jack would be for a 63-68/69 cruiser

John do you know when the switched to the phillips head screws? I remember something like it being 68 or 69

the ones i am 100% sure of haveing flat heads are a 63, 64, and this 67 I thought the thread Wesintl linked to had the 68/69 date but didnt see it there...i am also 100% sure they didnt have the flat head screws in 74 ...mine is phillips :)

My 68 is phillips. Then I jump back to 62 production.Headed north this weekend to where my 65 FJ45LP-B is in cold storage. I'll see which it has.

Mine is Philips, and it will have to do till I find a correct model :beer:

looks about right

do you have 62 with yours? Anyone have pics of a genuine 25 or early jack with the 5 dig part #?

Sadly no; none of the the three '62's I have had the original jack or associated bits with them. I only have a later philips head style mentioned above

63 was the first year Toyota used the ten digit numbering system. We got lucky in that Toyota published a FJ25 parts manual in both paper and micro-fiche in 1963 with the new and old part numbers.

:cheers:

Cool to know... interestingly enough the axles on the '64 FJ45LV we just picked up had 5 digit differentials on it.... I assume as Toyota did as they seem to have done with many parts and they just used them up until they ran out instead of making clean model year cutoffs.

hopefully punters attached is a pic of afore requested early toyota jacks.
P1010020.jpg
P1010021.jpg

you may have to ignore the jack snuck in from the dark side! jack on the left is apparently ealier; can double check the part numbers if anyone wishes. i did investigate this question a little in a thread called 'jacks and toolboxes' or similar. part numbers there. the earlier jack is perhaps a little cruder in the diamond pattern casting, minus the made in japan base plate script and also a slightly more elongated base plate with greater curviture at the outer edge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom