Is this bad..... I assume its definitely not good (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'd happily pay someone build me a new set of wires.... seriously I know I'm probably making this into a big deal but I've never understood wiring and this is kinda freaking me out
Well, if I was still in Loganville...
Get some 14-16 butt connectors, a pair of crimpers, and 3/8" heatshrink @Autozone, Advanced, Pep Boys, NAPA, whereever. (3:1 double-walled adhesive works best, but you'd have to wait for Amazon)
Slide 2" of heat shrink over one of the white wires.
Use a butt connector on the two white wires.
Slide heatshrink over butt connector covering both ends, and heat to shrink.
Put it all back in the loom and back on the truck.
Bob's your uncle.
Prob wouldn't hurt to hit those exposed crimps on the brown/braid arrangement with some heatshrink too.

edit:eek:h and don't worry about the extra connectors and crimp cost. You'll need them again I promise.

There is no significant amount of water in that oil at all.

Like @flintknapper said water in motor oil is easy to spot. Usually milky. Unless is sits for quite a while. Then You get a few seconds of water then oil out of the pan, even then it will mix around in the drain pan and be impossible to miss.

I bet @slow95z has a replacement sending unit harness and he’s in Georgia. If not there are others being parted out right now

These types are nice too and good to have around for when you are building things. Amazon product ASIN B0121ZVOLKI keep these around as well as regular butt connectors and various types of heatshrink, with and without adhesive because once you do some good wiring with the good stuff, it makes fixing these little issues a breeze.

we need to stop pushing the issue of HG failure on the 1fz-fe. If they overheat then yea the fuse is lit. But all of the internet ‘commotion’ over the HG on the 1fz-fe cause threads like this.

there have been at least 5 other threads within the last two months that are the same.

and what’s worse is that the advise (most of it anyways, there are you sage guys in there) jumps immediately to checking for a HG failure by looking for fluid in the oil rather than taking one step back and looking for other indicators, leak down test, etc.

when in the end WE ALL KNOW THE STOCK OIL PRESSURE GUAGE IS A PILE OF DUNG. It provides very little info in stock form, is known to fail and if it gives info it varies greatly between different vehicles of the same model running the same fluids. It’s use

so let’s diagnose the issue...
The diagnostic tree can... CAN give you more fruit when you start low, gathering the lowest hanging and most obvious fruit (check the oil pressure sender). Rather than jumping to conclusions bypassing the diagnostic process making assumptions only to get frustrated when they are wrong.

There is nothing wrong with your oil, having seen blown head gaskets I can tell you that you will KNOW when it’s blown while your draining the oil. It’s solid water for 5 seconds before you see oil. It’s not normal, you know enough to know what isn’t normal.

Additionally it doesn’t take days to settle, hours maybe. But a transparent jug will show water in oil almost immediately.

point is. Get your FSM and FOLLOW THE STEPS to diagnose the issue. Seriously, I’ve tried to bypass those steps dozens of times only to be bitch slapped by the FSM and reminded that sometimes the simplest issue is actually the problem.

I don't even know where to start....

But on a brighter note still no definitive separation in the oil that I can see. Im now leaning toward no blown HG

Haven't read all the way to the end, but maybe post in your local club pages, see if some local cruiser heads can help with your wiring in exchange for lunch and beers?

Looks like there's 5 clubs in GA

we need to stop pushing the issue of HG failure on the 1fz-fe. If they overheat then yea the fuse is lit. But all of the internet ‘commotion’ over the HG on the 1fz-fe cause threads like this.

there have been at least 5 other threads within the last two months that are the same.

and what’s worse is that the advise (most of it anyways, there are you sage guys in there) jumps immediately to checking for a HG failure by looking for fluid in the oil rather than taking one step back and looking for other indicators, leak down test, etc.

when in the end WE ALL KNOW THE STOCK OIL PRESSURE GUAGE IS A PILE OF DUNG. It provides very little info in stock form, is known to fail and if it gives info it varies greatly between different vehicles of the same model running the same fluids. It’s use

The diagnostic tree can... CAN give you more fruit when you start low, gathering the lowest hanging and most obvious fruit (check the oil pressure sender). Rather than jumping to conclusions bypassing the diagnostic process making assumptions only to get frustrated when they are wrong.

There is nothing wrong with your oil, having seen blown head gaskets I can tell you that you will KNOW when it’s blown while your draining the oil. It’s solid water for 5 seconds before you see oil. It’s not normal, you know enough to know what isn’t normal.

Additionally it doesn’t take days to settle, hours maybe. But a transparent jug will show water in oil almost immediately.

point is. Get your FSM and FOLLOW THE STEPS to diagnose the issue. Seriously, I’ve tried to bypass those steps dozens of times only to be bitch slapped by the FSM and reminded that sometimes the simplest issue is actually the problem.

I agree with your thoughts on diagnosis, but diagnosis is in part a talent, and in part a skill.

It's a skill best learned by experience, and is proportional to experience.

Gotta start learning somewhere.

@slow95z let me know if you have one. I think I get the process of mending this one but id rather not. The more I look at it the worse it gets, there is another splice for some reason under the hear shrink near the green plug

@slow95z let me know if you have one. I think I get the process of mending this one but id rather not. The more I look at it the worse it gets, there is another splice for some reason under the hear shrink near the green plug
you need just the short jumper from the washer task to the AC and oil pressure gauge right?

@slow95z i need the wiring from the fender plug to the ac clutch to the oil pressure sending unit. It looks like its a single loom that is "Y" shaped i think

Okay so I obviously jumped the gun and I appreciate everyone's help with this. I'm still sending my oil out for examination at some point just to be safe. I've seen all the recent HG posts and maybe that's want to send me down the blown HG road. I know for a fact I have a small external coolant leak at the thermostat ( I can't get it to stop for some reason) that being said I know the coolant would be a little low so I couldn't go by the coolant level.

I'm all ears for a better option for an oil pressure gauge especially if it's plug and play.

I have the downloaded FSM and was planning on purchasing a hard copy one until things in my life went sideways since Dec, soooo a hard copy is going to have to wait.

I really appreciate everyone's help. It's going to sit in the garage till I can afford to get it back together and have the appropriate parts.

I might not be following super well on the oil pressure sending unit portion but from what you've posted that would not be your issue, just the wiring to it right? If that is the case, then personally I would just "swing by" Dublin GA and get one from @slow95z and get a some other things you might need while there and look how the stuff is wired up on one of his rigs to feel better about doing the install etc. I get not wanting to drive it until that portion is fixed, but I would bet he has what you need and can get you back going just fine. You can stop at a Toyota place and grab a new filter so you can slap the wires on and fill'er up with oil and be good to go. As far as fearing the head gasket, well without the scare you wouldn't feel the relief.

I might not be following super well on the oil pressure sending unit portion but from what you've posted that would not be your issue, just the wiring to it right? If that is the case, then personally I would just "swing by" Dublin GA and get one from @slow95z and get a some other things you might need while there and look how the stuff is wired up on one of his rigs to feel better about doing the install etc. I get not wanting to drive it until that portion is fixed, but I would bet he has what you need and can get you back going just fine. You can stop at a Toyota place and grab a new filter so you can slap the wires on and fill'er up with oil and be good to go. As far as fearing the head gasket, well without the scare you wouldn't feel the relief.
you assume i dont keep filters in stock on the shelf?!?!

what kinda cruiser guy do you think i am, i feel attacked.

I didn't see your stash while i was there! Unless it was all those filters that have Wix crossed out and say Toyota in sharpie!

wire, oil pressure 82221-60020

16136547655081236312234015768331.jpg

16136548390971738609756466483531.jpg

I didn't see your stash while i was there! Unless it was all those filters that have Wix crossed out and say Toyota in sharpie!
its amazing i can find anything with the massive sh1tshow i have going on in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom