Is this an Aisin Water Pump? need help! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

but I believe the difference here is that aisin actually makes the complete water pump FOR toyota, which makes a difference. ...

What exactly is the substantial difference, from a reliability, fit, function, etc, is there any difference? Well, there is the blue box thing.:hillbilly:

My guess; Aisin (last I heard has ownership investment from Toyota) understands the market and most owners of ~20yr old rigs are less likely to go to the dealer for parts. So, can give that market to others or sell some of their product in that market? If they compete in that market, why would they sell a substandard part, compromising their name, reputation?

It's not like the Aisin pump is cheap, a quick review of the aftermarket revivals that 1FZ pumps can be had at ~$15. So, they are on the premium end of aftermarket.

it seems that people replace the water pump as a PM so the actual reliability should be pretty good...have not heard of the water pump failing...atleast with the people in So Cal....80s people seem to spend money on PM rather than fix what is broken..as far as the engine bay is concerned....we worry too much!! just drive it and when it fails, replace....oh..get AAA!

So after reading all of this is the Aisin equal to the Toyota part ?

Here is my old Beck Arnley repackaged Aisin and brand new OEM. Without an autopsy it would be impossible to know for sure if it's different at all.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Just got my grinded of marking Aisin pump today. Anyone know if these are supposed to have studs with them?

Bummer, anyone know were to get the studs for these. Kinda lame because in the pic they show studs

Actually mine did come with studs......I was mistaken. Mine didn't come with bolts, had to reuse old bolts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom