Is this an Aisin Water Pump? need help! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1973Guppie

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.noahsarkstlc.com
ok guys, ordered this from amazon, and from what I can tell this is a fake. It came in an aisin box and the pump was in a sealed bag but it looks like there was some shady grinding of #'s in places and an aisin sticker placed.

Is this a true aisin part? just seems very fishy to me. I have never seen an aisin part with a sticker, usually they are stamped with a metal aisin on them.

appreciate the help, I think I will be sending back to amazon but wanted to hear from others like cdan and ? on whether they have ever seen this type of thing?

This is for my fzj80, 1996.

Noah
photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG
photo 3.JPG
photo 4.JPG
photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG
photo 3.JPG
photo 4.JPG

good to know, I may just order it from rockauto, godamn fakes are everywhere, so frustrating, so now my s/c build will have to wait even longer, I don't feel comfortable installing this thing, there is no reason it should have casting marks ground off of it! weird.....

there are some aisin water pumps on ebay but again, I don't trust it, they all have the sticker, not the casting marks.

what truck did you purchase your wp for? 95-97 80 series? would be good to know if there are stamped aisin water pumps out there....

Rock auto has been known to get fake aisin stuff from their supplier. We've seen fake oil pumps from them in the 4ag community also. The only way to insure you get an actual aisin pump is through Toyota

I went with an Toyota water pump, a few extra bucks but a quality product that will last 200,000+ miles IME. Here's a few photos for comparison.
DSC02164.JPG
DSC02149.JPG
DSC02159.JPG

I recently ordered from Aisin on Amazon and received a part that did not have the metal stamp on it; the same part ordered a year earlier from the same supplier had the stamp - I sent the latest one back and they refunded

Hmmm.... I just literally installed the same pump today. Great.... Beno, why are you saying this is not a 1fzfe pump? It looks exactly like the original I took off...

I am guessing this has to do with the mfg of toyota parts, aisin, not being able to legally send out parts stamped with anything toyota on it, therefore the grinding marks, everything else seemed ok and the quality looks good so I am gonna run it.

ya i ordered an aisin pump off rock auto. i just looked at it and its the same exact photo as your pic.

I sometimes wonder why people sweat the small stuff and order off amazon or ? when they could (and should) go to Toy especially for critical stuff like water pumps?? Why risk getting stranded some where for a few bucks?

Noah, that looks EXACTLY like the Aisin pump I got from rock auto, and put on my 95 a few months ago.

It looks legit. Beno is wrong, there is nothing to suggest it's not a 1fz-fe pump from the pics you provided.

Run it. Don't sweat it. The original waterpump on my truck had 257k miles, and minus the ground off Toyota logo looked IDENTICAL to the rock auto Aisin one.

I just swapped my original out for an amazon aisin a couple weeks ago. Comparing them side by side all they did was grind off the Toyota and slap an aisin sticker on there. They probably did a Toyota batch and used some of those castings to send out as aisins. Why else would there be actual grinding marks under the sticker?

My bad. When I looked at the photos last night on my phone they looked dimensionally very weird.

Looking on my laptop today the scaling looks better and yes that is for the 1FZ.

Sorry about the confusion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom