Is this a OEM carb? Is it worth saving (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Sorry, new to this forum. Just bought a couple of old FJ's from an elderly gent. He had rebuilt some FJ's in his past, and had a barrel full of parts that came with cruisers. Most of it was rusty junk---but before I throw this a way---can any part of it be reused?---Is it even an OEM carb? Is this the right place to post this question? Thanks

IMG_2588.JPG

IMG_2586.JPG

WELCOME " @Dallas Todd " To the 40- & 55- Series Tech Forum

ok, here we go

Yes, your in the right place , and this is Good Subject Matter ,

i think thats a 1974 F engine Carb. , but due to the excessive corrosion i might be off ,

maybe a Carburetor Expert like @65swb45 can confirm or deny that

i seriously doubt anything there is usable is any practical sense of the word

when i first saw it as my Desk Top Monitor screen scrolled up , i thought the " hughes glomar explorer "

had finally raised the TITANIC ?

Maybe the sight glass can be reused;)

It definitely has parts I can use. It looks to be a post-production build intended for a 1971-ish application.

I have been reading this forum for months, getting ready to buy an FJ. Thanks Mark for commenting, when I posted the pics, I was really hoping one of the carb experts would come on and say they can use some parts off fthis. I can't stand the thought of throwing away old car parts---if some portion of them can be used. Makes me feel that my rummaging through the scat infested barrel was for a reason. How can I send this to you? Is your address in the vendor section?

Also, as I have cleaning more scat out of the barrel, I have come across packages of OEM parts. Some have labels in the clear packaging, and I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction to identify what they are. Also, some have had the vacuum seal broken, so the label is long gone, but the parts are still there (although a bit tarnished). And some are still vacuum sealed, but have no label, I've cut one of them open to expose what parts were in there.....they look like something for a carb....can anyone identify them? Again, I hope I'm posting in the correction section.....There must be at least 20 small bags of parts, can I put the pics up here and see if they are worth anything to folks? (the old man did make me buy the barrel, he didn't charge me extra for the raccoon scat :)

IMG_2591.JPG

IMG_2592.JPG

IMG_2593.JPG

The first pic is miscellaneous carb parts left over from a rebuild. The PN tag is for a wheel cylinder kit. The second pic is of knuckle shims .
I will PM you with shipping information; I’m a little overwhelmed at the moment: my daughter just had her first baby!

Thanks for the info! Can you use the carb parts?? There are 3 or 4 more carb kits (the kit in picture is apparently part of a larger parts bag). I'll be looking for the PM, no rush, I'll be working my way through the rest of the barrel over the weekend.

On a more important note: Congrats on the new Granddaughter!

A good reference site here. You can look up part numbers.

pjohnson, Thanks for the website. I tried putting in the 04475-60010, and it said nothing found. I'll keep putting in the rest of the parts numbers I find, and see if any of those get a hit. Thanks again.

You can also just google the part numbers... cool stuff.

Toyota Part No.: 11536-60010
SHIM, CRANKSHAFT 2ND & 3RD BEARING
Toyota 11536-60010 SHIM, CRANKSHAFT 2ND & 3RD BEARING

Part DescriptionShim, Crankshaft 2nd & 3rd Bearing
ManufacturerToyota. This genuine Toyota part is guaranteed by Toyota's factory warranty.
Manufacturer's NotesThis part is discontinued. It is no longer available for purchase.
Discontinued Part
Part Fitment
MakeModelYear
  • Trim
  • Engine
Important vehicle option details
ToyotaLand Cruiser1969-1974

• 6 Cyl 3.9L
F; F; FJ40, FJ55

Thanks vfrer, I googled some of these parts numbers, and they do come up with some info. Appreciate the help. None of the sites would tell me what vehicle or what years, so I'll keep searching. Just want them to go to good home, and need the info so I can list them.

I can use that Dewalt battery.

What? 😛

04475-60010 is listed as a cup kit, I think brake rebuild (?). Superseded number is 0490660011. I could use that (or those) if they are for brake build.

Yup, brake cup kit. 0490660011 - Cup kit - Genuine Toyota Part

Last edited:
Mark, yes I sure did. I responded to it, I think....since I'm a newb I could have screwed that up. I know you are busy, could you let me know if you got my PM back to you, so I know if I'm doing that correct. THX

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom