Is our 200 LC really a $100k SUV?..> (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If there are people willing to pay then that’s the story. No way they are worth $100k. Some dealers charging these extreme markups. If they can mark them up and sell them, why not?

My concern would be the market going down after this BS all ends. I am not saying the values of LCs will crash, but come down to reality.

I would not want to be paying $110k, $120k or whatever, when these were selling for $80k last year.

Either way, we are in crazy times and a correction will happen sooner or later and things will normalize.
I would give it another year before that happens. A couple of my clients ship from China and the simple supply of shipping containers is in high demand. They’ve had to resort to using refrigerated containers. Supply chains are so far behind, that Ford is short of 62k+ Vehicles alone. I drive past car dealerships daily and they have mostly used cars spaced out because the lots look thin. Toyota dealership only had 6 new vehicles last week. No joke…6! Lincoln dealership had zero Navs and Aviators for sale the last time I drove by. The 200 prices will not decrease much.

Last edited:
I would give it another year before that happens. A couple of my clients ship from China and the simple supply of shipping containers is in high demand. They’ve had to resort to using refrigerated containers. Supply chains are so far behind, that Ford is short of 62k+ Vehicles alone. I drive past car dealerships daily and they have mostly used cars spaced out because the lists look thin. Toyota dealership only had 6 new vehicles last week. No joke…6! Lincoln dealership had zero Navs and Aviators for sale the last time I drove by. The 200 prices will not decrease much.
Agree and no new LC inventory is coming to replace LC 200 series in the US.

No. LC is not a $100k car. It just isn’t. Interior tells the story. Fake wood!!!! Name me a car costing more than $60k that has fake wood. Besides the semi-aniline leather, the rest of interior is kinda cheap. Plastic door handles. Plastics are average At best.

Of course, construction (outside and inside) is top notch, better than pretty much everyone else, regardless of price tag. Although very capable due to CRAWL and articulation, it also lacks any form of axle lockers that most cars in its price range has.

And this is reflected in its sales…not many people think that it is worth the price tag…unless you really drill into its underlying beauty of durability and reliability.
My belief in the so called durability and reliability has been seriously shaken by the gas boiling issue one is likely to experience at altitude/high temperature. A serious safety issue.

My belief in the so called durability and reliability has been seriously shaken by the gas boiling issue one is likely to experience at altitude/high temperature. A serious safety issue.
What is this gas boiling issue? Haven’t heard of it. Are you referring to the 200 series?

My 2020 Navigator Reserve has real wood.

Edit: Not to mention it does 0 - 60 in under 6 seconds. Pretty good for a 6000 lb brick.
Twin turbo V-6 boys...they are making boost and excellent torque number too. :beer:

I like the Navigator. Rented one for the family while in CO for two weeks. Absolutely comfortable for picking up extended family and friends. Loads of power and the breaking was very smooth. The only thing the LC offers over the new Navigator Reserve is off road capability and reliability. Fuel mileage was pretty decent as well. It doesn’t feel like you’re driving a big suv. The Navigator is worth 100k when comparing to other vehicles in its price range. I haven’t driven the new Cadillac Sport Plat. yet and it would probably be the one I’d get if I were shopping for a third row family hauler. Don’t get me wrong, I love my 200 but when it comes to road trips, the Navigator and cady are the way to go.
The Navigators/Expeditions will not hold their resale value... The LCs/LXs are showing the way as we speak.

So that makes it a wrap. Just off your guilded HE and be happy your gas won't boil at altitude.

The Navigators/Expeditions will not hold their resale value... The LCs/LXs are showing the way as we speak.
The Expeditions aren’t that bad but I don’t think many people buy these big luxo wagons for resale value. When I make a decision to buy a vehicle, the long term value is never a factor for me. What is important to me, is the satisfaction I get driving it and if it checks off the boxes for my needs. It’s simply a tool, never an investment

Last edited:
Depends what you value with your vehicles.

Do you want the latest tech, creature comforts, real wood (lol) and swap your vehicles regularly? I would argue if this is the case, absolutely not.

I don’t have a new LC, but if I we’re to drop 100k on one today at least I know whatever the other guy dropped 100k on won’t be on the road in 25 years.

Maybe. I paid $12k for my 1997 80 in 2004 which had an original MSRP of $55k. Within a year or two the price of 2021 200s will drop as well. It's a strange dynamic that we are in regarding new and used cars. Will they ultimately sell for $100K? I'm sure a few extreme examples will but it will either be today or many years from now. FWIW I wouldn't take $25k for my '97 today and I find it incredible that they are selling above that. Of course that '73 Bronco my dad wouldn't let me buy is selling for even more so there is that.

Last edited:
I don’t have a new LC, but if I we’re to drop 100k on one today at least I know whatever the other guy dropped 100k on won’t be on the road in 25 years.
Sorry but that's an incredibly absolute statement. I'm a buy and hold car guy; guess that's why State Farm sends me a Christmas card every year. Lots of today's SUV's that aren't Land Cruisers will still be on the road in 25 years. Likely more than half if I had to wager assuming they don't get legislated away. Of course if that happens the LCs go with them. Look I'm a die hard LC guy but there's lots of great vehicles out there today.

Lol. Navigator.
I resemble this remark…
Business in the front, party in the back.

933846A7-8FC2-4A25-ABEB-B7BF1861A86B.jpeg

Depends what you value with your vehicles.

Do you want the latest tech, creature comforts, real wood (lol) and swap your vehicles regularly? I would argue if this is the case, absolutely not.

Yeah, but the other guy is probably like me and doesn’t buy a vehicle to keep 25yrs. Everyone enjoys and appreciates different attributes of a vehicle. I know people who love Range Rovers even though they know it’s a gamble on reliability. They simply just don’t care and recycle cars every two to three years. I doubt most of us will be driving ICE vehicles in 25yrs. anyways. My next suv will be a hybrid plug in. I don’t like living at the gas station twice a week. 🤪

Last edited:
I resemble this remark…
Business in the front, party in the back.

View attachment 2740010
That sic trailer can out 4wheel your Nav. 🤣 How are you liking the Nav.? I know I loved it for the two weeks we rented one in CO. The only whinny gripe I had was the Nav screen display and lack of birds eye view. The camera was just ok. Not sure why they didn’t do something similar to the Cadillac. Besides that, it was very enjoyable to drive and never felt like I wanted to hurry to get somewhere.

I for one am happy others migrate to other brands. Can you just imagine what the prices would be if everyone was trying to purchase one of the 3500 ( give or take) Land Cruisers that Toyota sells in the US each year?

Sorry but that's an incredibly absolute statement. I'm a buy and hold car guy; guess that's why State Farm sends me a Christmas card every year. Lots of today's SUV's that aren't Land Cruisers will still be on the road in 25 years. Likely more than half if I had to wager assuming they don't get legislated away. Of course if that happens the LCs go with them. Look I'm a die hard LC guy but there's lots of great vehicles out there today.
Yeah sorry it was very absolute, not trying to fanboy, honestly.

What 25 year old SUVs (1996 and prior) in the LCs class do you see on the roads where you live? Maybe I’m making up my own rules here, but I’m thinking of a 1 to 1 comparison, using the 100k on 1 single SUV. The vehicles I see on the road that are that old definitely aren’t luxury SUVs.

I see more 80s series than Escalades, Gwagens, Suburbans, Tahoes, Naviagators... Hell I see more 60s series than those I listed

Last edited:
Not to me it isn't. Good luck finding the guy who thinks it's worth $100K. They're out there, but are few and far between. On the other hand, they're not making them anymore and over the years they'll maintain much of their purchase price or even sell for more, with the right condition and mileage, especially the late MY 2018 and up versions with all the latest options.

That sic trailer can out 4wheel your Nav. 🤣 How are you liking the Nav.? I know I loved it for the two weeks we rented one in CO. The only whinny gripe I had was the Nav screen display and lack of birds eye view. The camera was just ok. Not sure why they didn’t do something similar to the Cadillac. Besides that, it was very enjoyable to drive and never felt like I wanted to hurry to get somewhere.
Mine has the birds eye view, I thought that was a standard feature but apparently not. Other than that it’s great for all the reasons we got it: family hauling, road trips, and stay at home dad use its all killer at. All that being said, mine is currently having the cam phasers replaced which is a know issue on all the Ford 3.5 ecoboosts. I’m not stoked about this level of repair on a 3 year old vehicle with 50k on the clock but it’s paid for and we have extended warranty and maintenance plan until 100k or 1/6/2026. We looked hard at the Land Cruiser when shopping for the Navigator but the LC was a joke with the 3rd row and antiquated electronics… fast forward 3 years and we ordered a new LC with a long list of modifications to be done because the Navigator is a joke when trying to meet the needs of our camper and our outdoorsy lifestyle. Reading through the comments about the Navigator compared to the LC illuminates the the fact that both are built for two totally different uses. Sure, the LC and pull soccer mom duty but it will fall short to the Navigator in pretty much every aspect of that job just as the Navigator will fall short to the LC when it comes to anything off pavement. Luckily, my wife is a dragon slayer when it comes to brining home the bacon so we can have both. If we could just pick one it would be tough, I feel like I’d go with the LC just for the ability to get far off the grid with our camper but the Navigator is a flipping dream for 90% of the other times we aren’t chasing the coyotes off into the sunset.

Mine has the birds eye view, I thought that was a standard feature but apparently not. Other than that it’s great for all the reasons we got it: family hauling, road trips, and stay at home dad use its all killer at. All that being said, mine is currently having the cam phasers replaced which is a know issue on all the Ford 3.5 ecoboosts. I’m not stoked about this level of repair on a 3 year old vehicle with 50k on the clock but it’s paid for and we have extended warranty and maintenance plan until 100k or 1/6/2026. We looked hard at the Land Cruiser when shopping for the Navigator but the LC was a joke with the 3rd row and antiquated electronics… fast forward 3 years and we ordered a new LC with a long list of modifications to be done because the Navigator is a joke when trying to meet the needs of our camper and our outdoorsy lifestyle. Reading through the comments about the Navigator compared to the LC illuminates the the fact that both are built for two totally different uses. Sure, the LC and pull soccer mom duty but it will fall short to the Navigator in pretty much every aspect of that job just as the Navigator will fall short to the LC when it comes to anything off pavement. Luckily, my wife is a dragon slayer when it comes to brining home the bacon so we can have both. If we could just pick one it would be tough, I feel like I’d go with the LC just for the ability to get far off the grid with our camper but the Navigator is a flipping dream for 90% of the other times we aren’t chasing the coyotes off into the sunset.
Totally agree! Dragon slayer of income. I love it! 😎

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom