Is our 200 LC really a $100k SUV?..> (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMO none of these prices are sustainable. Check back in about 12-18 months once supply chains back on track. I think there's going to be a lot of buyers remorse out there!

PS- My 2010 LC with 23k original miles is available... $200K :rofl:

Hi all,

Crazy times indeed, new normal and all..lol bur seriously prices are sky high, they have never been at this level. Even used LC 200's with low miles are going for above usual sticker price of $87k.
Maybe a bubble but maybe not-

We know a tahoe, yukon/expedition is high 70's low 80s for high country and they are not half the vehicle or 200 is (biased but true).

So the question is if you only wanted new and had to spend 100k on a new 200, as there are no news ones left, would you do it and would it be worth it long term? Also what about used prices being higher than ever, and would you spend $90k on a used LC with under 10-20k miles.
I am just curious what the group thinks.
Thank you
Eric
Hasn't this question already been answered via years of lackluster sales at sub 90k prices for a new model, thus contributing to the decision to discontinue the LC vehicle in NA? I love LC and I'm slightly bitter I may be forced into a LX570 next year when I'm ready to buy, but no way is the LC a 100k vehicle. The market right now is simply irrational: My wife's 5 yr old Honda HRV with 90k miles is now selling for 4k less than what she paid new 5 years ago.

Crazy times for sure. If you can afford to lose an extra vehicle, go for it, but now is NOT the time to buy a replacement. The market is way over priced on used vehicles - I got my full purchase price (including TT&L) back from the local Ford dealership on a 2014 Raptor with low miles a couple weeks ago. Great truck, but only cost me fuel and oil changes for 7 yrs of fun.

Like another poster said, vehicle purchases are typically a rather emotional activity - especially for high end or customized vehicles.

Love my 200, but if someone offers me full price on my LC (including the modifications), they will be the proud owner of a bad ass 2019 LC...

Agree and no new LC inventory is coming to replace LC 200 series in the US.
Correct. Prices are not coming down on the LC. I own two FJ's in addition to a 2020 Heritage LC. The FJ's are worth as much or more than I paid for them 10 years ago. Once they stopped selling them in the US, the FJ was an immediate icon. BTW, if the LC comes back, it won't have the V8. the LC200 will be iconic as well. Met a guy last night who bought two 2021 Heritage editions. He says he's been offered $105K for one of them.

Electric suvs are going to be everywhere soon. Companies are working out the very few downfalls of owning like designing on the road chargers, something like the AAA service trucks for on the spot vehicle recharging. New stationary chargers will be popping up everywhere.
Not sure I would sink a lot of cash ($100k) into a gasser right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom