Iron Man Pro Foam Review (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The bottom mount ring on the rear shock (that attaches to the axle) is off-centered on the FCP shocks. I’m searching for an answer about which way out of the possible two should it be installed onto the lower shock stud.
It goes on both ways. However, the proper way is for the shorter side to bolt onto the chassis to eliminate any interference with the mount when the shock articulates.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4059.jpg

69B31874-8CD3-4C25-B2CE-7B4FBAAF8B47.jpeg

Last edited:
Thank you very much! Appreciate your help
Check my post above with the updated pic. I was incorrect - went out and double checked. The logo should be facing forward which makes the shorter side where the bolt head is located, not on the chassis side.

The lower pic in my post above is the incorrect installation. I had the same question you did even though at first glance it would make sense to do it the other way. However, this would cause the shock to rub against the sway bar.

Again, this is the correct way...
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4059.jpg

Last edited:
Check my post above with the updated pic. I was incorrect - went out and double checked. The logo should be facing forward which makes the shorter side where the bolt head is located, not on the chassis side.

The lower pic in my post above is the incorrect installation. I had the same question you did even though at first glance it would make sense to do it the other way. However, this would cause the shock to rub against the sway bar.

Again, this is the correct way...
View attachment 2081510

Thank You!

Interesting, I thought that the correct way would be to sit it further from the axle mount as per your first picture (now second), so logo facing backward - so again much appreciated for showing the proper way to do it!

It will really only go on one way if I remember right.
I went with the Foam Cell Pros today. Couldn't be happier with initial ride quality. Fitted diff drop kit and new torsion bars. While we were there some 33" KO2's.
From the saggy old suspension it came up a huge 90mm in the rear. Can't wait to get it on the rough stuff tomorrow.
I went with constant load 200-400kg coils and they are not too firm at all. Very happy.
Cheers

IMG_20190919_185025.jpg

IMG_20190919_174845.jpg

IMG_20190919_174923.jpg

IMG_20190919_143604.jpg

Your rear shocks are on the wrong way around

Unlikely as they were fitted by one of Western Australian largest Iron Man distributors and fitters. Can you point me to something that says you are right?

Unlikely as they were fitted by one of Western Australian largest Iron Man distributors and fitters. Can you point me to something that says you are right?
Read back a couple posts

Read back a couple posts
I saw the post although what makes this person right over an authorised ironman rep. Apart from his very own reasonable explanation of why he says it should go one way (also mentioning it could go either).
Not denying it could be wrong, but the post above is certainly not proof of that. I did not personally install this kit but have done several others and spent some time under the hoist today and it did not look to interfere with sway bars or any other compoment. Apart from removing one of my ABS line clips.
These guys have installed hundreds of these kits with no issue.

I saw the post although what makes this person right over an authorised ironman rep. Apart from his very own reasonable explanation of why he says it should go one way (also mentioning it could go either).
Not denying it could be wrong, but the post above is certainly not proof of that. I did not personally install this kit but have done several others and spent some time under the hoist today and it did not look to interfere with sway bars or any other compoment. Apart from removing one of my ABS line clips.
These guys have installed hundreds of these kits with no issue.
I’ll try and ask Ironman

I’ve never wondered which way the sticker goes. Why again would it matter?
We’re not talking up/down but front to back.

After getting a mini heart attack reading Pedrobolony’s comments out in the fields I’ve rushed home to check mines out. I’ve installed them last weekend and did 500km’s with it, 50km offroad. I was very concerned I might have dameged the shocks, or even worse the mount points on the axle, but can’t find any witness marks on them thankfully.

I have to admit, with the logo facing forward, which means the long side of the mount is closer to the axle, the shock sits uncomfortably close to the axle - this is why I was surprised a couple posts back that this is the way it should be. I can imagine as the axle comes up, or if the bushing wears a bit it gets even closer, if not touches. Maybe I’m just lucky that I haven’t yet articulated the rear that much.

I’ve wrote to Ironman, but guess it’s night time over there. I hope they’ll put the case to rest tomorrow.

So this is how it is on mine:

Logo facing front:
E2D57324-2CC7-4A72-B03B-BAE3EF86EE6F.jpeg

Notice the long side being closer to the axle:

4FB8F440-2201-47D9-8777-C713FF5990C4.jpeg

No marks (yet?):

D89D9C9A-B4C4-491D-8481-D05618E024D0.jpeg

Thanks for the photos. Mine don’t have those stickers. I’ve got about 30,000 miles on mine now. I’ll see how they sit tonight
I wonder if they have changed the design and earlier shocks didn’t have an offset bottom eye on the rear shocks.

It’s strange that they don’t provide exact fitting instructions though.

Hi everyone! I wanted to chime in here to help with the shock offset questions. We do make the 100 Series rear shocks with an offset lower mount. The offset is there if you need additional axel clearance because of the large diameter of the shock. In extreme articulation situations, the extra clearance is nice to avoid contact between big beefy shock and axel housing.

We always recommend favoring the offset for clearance that way you are good to go no matter what. You can mount them either way, just be careful to check. Again, if they are mounted to favor the clearance then you avoid the possible issue altogether.

Please reach out to me if you ever have any questions about suspension set up or installation, if you want to talk about springs, the weather, or just want to say hi. I'm always happy to help! :) 971-264-9016 or email me directly miller@ironman4x4america.com Thanks!

-Chris Miller

Hi everyone! I wanted to chime in here to help with the shock offset questions. We do make the 100 Series rear shocks with an offset lower mount. The offset is there if you need additional axel clearance because of the large diameter of the shock. In extreme articulation situations, the extra clearance is nice to avoid contact between big beefy shock and axel housing.

We always recommend favoring the offset for clearance that way you are good to go no matter what. You can mount them either way, just be careful to check. Again, if they are mounted to favor the clearance then you avoid the possible issue altogether.

Please reach out to me if you ever have any questions about suspension set up or installation, if you want to talk about springs, the weather, or just want to say hi. I'm always happy to help! :) 971-264-9016 or email me directly miller@ironman4x4america.com Thanks!

-Chris Miller
Thanks Chris!

Looks like I’ll have to turn mine around then (noooooo:(:(:()

Yeah but that will take 5 minutes. No big deal.
I’m afraid it’s not possible to attach the lower mount if the top mount is tightened into place. So likely I have to remove the top mount as well which is a PITA

I’m afraid it’s not possible to attach the lower mount if the top mount is tightened into place. So likely I have to remove the top mount as well which is a PITA

Once again, I don’t understand.

Why would the shock body not spin on the shaft?

I’d rather remove the sway bar than the upper shock bolt. All day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom