Interco Super Swamper TSL SX2-65? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've gotten zero interest in the 36s that I put up for sale, so I'm just going to keep running them. When they're done, we'll see what's on the market.

I wish I would have seen this. I would have been interested in the 36s. Good to know that 4WD said they are out of the 37 SXIIs because I was about to order a set tomorrow.

I’d bet they’re probably in stock at 4whlparts now. They said a few months out and it’s been at least that long. Just don’t rely on their website, call them and double check before buying.

I wish I would have seen this. I would have been interested in the 36s. Good to know that 4WD said they are out of the 37 SXIIs because I was about to order a set tomorrow.
Posted on August 8th on mud, Craigslist, and Facebook.

Bumpity. Anyone running the SX2-65 on their 80?

Bumpity. Anyone running the SX2-65 on their 80?
I posted the same question on the tire forum.

I actually bought a set online two years ago . . .then got an email saying they only had 3 tires and it’d be like two weeks out . . .so I changed my order to another tire and it happened again 🤨 but I ended up with new 20” KMC wheels and 37” STT Pros. I’d still like these for my factory wheels though.

I can't speak specifically about the newer TSL SX's but I did run a set many years ago on my FJ40. Tough as nails offroad, but for sh&$t on the street.
I do have some advice about interco tires in general though. I've tried TSL radials, M16, SSR and IROK radials. My favorite for offroad only use is still the IROK radials. I have been running the TruXus radials for the last two rounds and are my favorite for a compromise between street and offroad.

The one thing I've learned is that when you order, make sure to specify that you do not want any of the tires to have balancing pads installed by the factory. These are weighted patches that are vulcanized to the inside of the tire to correct imbalance from the factory. They may work well when the tire is new, but as the tire wears, the patch becomes a liability when trying to rebalance the tire. It also prevents you from effectively using balance beads inside the tire because the patch causes the beads to bounce around and not settle into position. Inspect your tires upon delivery and make sure they don't have the patches. I've had to reject orders a couple times because they sent tires with balance pads even after specifying I didn't want those.
Balancing Pads | Interco Tire - https://www.intercotire.com/balancing_pads

Did you ever order any @jonheld ? Ive been thinking about it for awhile and finally talked myself into them, but they're OOS everywhere apparently. 4wp says they're discontinued on their website so I emailed Interco and they said that isn't true. So I guess I'm waiting for now

Did you ever order any @jonheld ? Ive been thinking about it for awhile and finally talked myself into them, but they're OOS everywhere apparently. 4wp says they're discontinued on their website so I emailed Interco and they said that isn't true. So I guess I'm waiting for now
I was looking at the SX2-80, and I have not pulled the trigger on those.
4WP no longer lists any products from Interco in any size/style. Perhaps they had a falling out. I shot an email off the the marketing manger of Interco.

I was looking at the SX2-80, and I have not pulled the trigger on those.
4WP no longer lists any products from Interco in any size/style. Perhaps they had a falling out. I shot an email off the the marketing manger of Interco.
Hmm, I hope not. Seems they were quite a bit cheaper than other places.

Discount tire does Interco, when I had Boggers they were the best $$ going.

If you have one locally, try them - don’t remember if they advertise doing Interco or not.

HTH.

Might try National Tire and Wheel out of WV?

From the marketing manager at Interco:
"The SX2 has simply been undergoing a redevelopment – making them better. During this time the larger sizes have been harder to get. The pandemic really put us behind too since most of the materials needed to make rubber gloves and other PPE are also key materials for the manufacturing of tires.

We have both the SX2-65 and SX2-80 in stock."

From the marketing manager at Interco:
"The SX2 has simply been undergoing a redevelopment – making them better. During this time the larger sizes have been harder to get. The pandemic really put us behind too since most of the materials needed to make rubber gloves and other PPE are also key materials for the manufacturing of tires.

We have both the SX2-65 and SX2-80 in stock."
Good to know, the sx2-80 is what I'm wanting. Do they sell direct?

Fwiw, 4wd.com now shows them (sx2-80) available for $289. They weren't available earlier in the day lol

Ordered today! Also got an email from a 4wp rep stating that they have open orders to Interco from back to June 2020. Hopefully mine are actually in stock as stated above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom