Injection or good carburator??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.fuoristrada.it
By now I have some big troubles with my engine (it doesn't even start...:bang:) and this surely belongs to the carburator that is the stock one.
What do you suggest? A good carburator, that may make me gain some power and eliminate all carburation problems, or an injection system?

I found this seller: FJ40 & FJ45 Parts Landcruiser Parts
It says that the injection system is available, chip and simple to put on....WHAT DO YOU THINK???:bounce:

Francesco

Hi Francesco,
Is there anyone over there who you can borrow a carb from just to make sure that it is indeed the carb that is giving you problems?
Webber makes a conversion kit for the 2f, the 38/38 will improve performance slightly and the 32/36 will save a little more gas. I think you have to "desmog" your whole emissions system if you still have any. I know they are strict about that sort of thing over there Italy. EFI can be done, but it is going to take a while.

Jim C here on Mud will rebuild your fj's carb to run like new.....

Hi Pacer; yes, of course I'll firt of all bring the car to someone to put in order the engine and the carburation.
But stock carburetor already gave me troubles in the past and I would work out this problem one time for all.

If I could gain a good result in terms of power increase and reliability just changing the carburator ok, but if the FINAL solution is to put the EFI so I'll do that (of course before I will examinate costs and times of the work).

I know that carburator change is quite simple, but I would know exactly what would mean to put an EFI (fuel pump, injcetors, electronic...would be a SO heavy work?).

Francesco

Dude .. if you choose the Carb way .. Holley Truck avenger it's the best option IMOP .. with proper settings I've seen some impresive things of engine that run it ..

Seems that you are mostly for carburator...
From my engine I would like to get some more power but most of all reliability and regularity, and from that point of view I tought that an EFI would be better than a carb. Isn't it?

Yes, also overhere I listened to good comments about carbs.
Just consider that in our trails we have a lot of mud and water and probably - in these elements - an EFI set would be more reliable than a carb (all my problems began when I crossed a big mud hole!).
Consider also that now I'm quite satisfied of my engine's power and I don't need to increase it.

So, let's talk like I choose definitly the EFI: cruiser parts would give me a new distributor and the ignictor, they say that I should just put them on and set the timing...is it really so simple??

EFI will be better than a carb when you're bouncing around or off-camber.

Sure the injection will be better in off camber and some hill climbs .. just the carbs are much more simple to work. In other way a TBI option should be also posible and a simple option ..

Mark and Abel both have the booty fab injection and they work great.

The cost of injection kit by cruiser parts is very cheap (220 $) so I think I'll buy it; then when it will be arrived I'll try to ut it on and see how it works.
One more thing: I thought that even the simplest injection system needed a control board, but from cruiser parts told me that their kit includes only coil, distributor and injector, is it possible?

Hi Pacer; yes, of course I'll firt of all bring the car to someone to put in order the engine and the carburation.
But stock carburetor already gave me troubles in the past and I would work out this problem one time for all.

If I could gain a good result in terms of power increase and reliability just changing the carburator ok, but if the FINAL solution is to put the EFI so I'll do that (of course before I will examinate costs and times of the work).

I know that carburator change is quite simple, but I would know exactly what would mean to put an EFI (fuel pump, injcetors, electronic...would be a SO heavy work?).

Francesco

A rebuilt carb is what? Around $300 from Jim C and a couple hrs of your time? Fuel injection done right with new parts will be over $1500. Used, still well over $500 and a lot more time.

If memeorey serves me, Mark and Abel only payed a couple hundred for thier set up, thinking the wiring was the most expensive part?

The cost of injection kit by cruiser parts is very cheap (220 $) so I think I'll buy it; then when it will be arrived I'll try to ut it on and see how it works.
One more thing: I thought that even the simplest injection system needed a control board, but from cruiser parts told me that their kit includes only coil, distributor and injector, is it possible?

220?:confused:

If memeorey serves me, Mark and Abel only payed a couple hundred for thier set up, thinking the wiring was the most expensive part?

Yeah I think TBI could be done on a shoe string budget. Getting all the parts at a parts yard. But figuring out the wiring would take a lot of man hrs. I'd much rather just buy a harness.

A rebuilt carb is what? Around $300 from Jim C and a couple hrs of your time? Fuel injection done right with new parts will be over $1500. Used, still well over $500 and a lot more time.

I have $1500 in my entire 5.3 engine and fuel injection system.. It's not brand new, but 50k miles isn't exactly worn out.. ;)

"Electronic Ignition Set, used dist. and ignitor. - any year - $220 - Distributor w/ignitor. Waterproof . Simple. "

This is the description on Cruiser Parts listing. A friend of mine told me that to him it is only a kit of waterproof parts (distributor and coil) and not really a TBI.
I sent several emails to Cruiser Parts asking questions about that "injection kit" but they never told me that this is NOT a really injection kit...meantime, the really low price makes me thing this is not a real injection kit! :confused:

Nobody knows something more about this seller and his products (especially this kit)?

"Electronic Ignition Set, used dist. and ignitor. - any year - $220 - Distributor w/ignitor. Waterproof . Simple. "

This is the description on Cruiser Parts listing. A friend of mine told me that to him it is only a kit of waterproof parts (distributor and coil) and not really a TBI.
I sent several emails to Cruiser Parts asking questions about that "injection kit" but they never told me that this is NOT a really injection kit...meantime, the really low price makes me thing this is not a real injection kit! :confused:

Nobody knows something more about this seller and his products (especially this kit)?

That's not an injection kit just a distributor for a fuel injected motor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom