Inexpensive front bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I wanted to update my Addicted Offroad front bumper. It was about as bad of an experience as possible but hard to be mad when the bumper looks soo good.
After dealing with a Coastal Offroad rear bumper puzzle and my buddy saying that he won’t weld one of those up again I decided to go the easy route and just get a full bolt on bumper.
So the bumper ended up just being shipped to the FedEx shipping location in town instead of my works commercial address. So I received a call from FedEx saying I had 48 hours to pick-up the bumper. Not a big deal since I have shop guys at work with a steak bed so after a delivery they picked it up for me. Rather then bring it back to the shop I had them take it directly to the powder coat shop where I got a great company deal.
Picked up the bumper after a couple of weeks and dropped it off in my garage where it sat for another week.
Then I went to install the bumper and I noticed that I had two bolts in a baggie and that was it but there were four bolts powder coated on the bumper. Fu@k! The. I realize that the LED lights and turn signals are not with the bumper. Called up Addicted and he confirmed that he has a check list before shipping and lights were wrapped up and shipped inside the bumper. With little hope I called up both the FedEx location and Powder coat shop and as you would guess no lights. Addicted offered to give me a good deal on another set of lights so I ordered them.
Now I had to cut the powder coat with a razor blade and carefully remove the bolts and washers from the bumper. Touched up the now raw steel circles left behind the washer with etching primer and black paint after a very careful tape job.
During the install the bumper would not mount all the way back and kept hitting the headlights. At this point I am fuming but mark out 2” of bumper plate and hack it off with a cut off wheel on a freshly powder coated bumper. Test fitted again and although it could use additional trimming on one light I was done and just painted up the cut edges and finished the job.
I contacted Addicted and after a discussion and some e-mails we found out that my January 2005 build date GX still has the shorter body mounts like the 2003 & 2004 models which he sends a different bumper for but he had no idea the body mounts had a cross over into 2005.
I still have to install the lights but the holes are not big enough with the thick powder coat so now I have to dreamer the light openings to get the lights to fit. Will this bumper install ever end? :rolleyes:

A0D3A19F-B084-4815-9908-3DD1AFE4AA6E.jpeg

6ADD6E2B-8B82-4AEA-9D1E-D37635634551.jpeg

B08B1C7F-2F8D-41DD-A2DC-0D0EE1EFE853.jpeg

I wanted to update my Addicted Offroad front bumper. It was about as bad of an experience as possible but hard to be mad when the bumper looks soo good.
After dealing with a Coastal Offroad rear bumper puzzle and my buddy saying that he won’t weld one of those up again I decided to go the easy route and just get a full bolt on bumper.
So the bumper ended up just being shipped to the FedEx shipping location in town instead of my works commercial address. So I received a call from FedEx saying I had 48 hours to pick-up the bumper. Not a big deal since I have shop guys at work with a steak bed so after a delivery they picked it up for me. Rather then bring it back to the shop I had them take it directly to the powder coat shop where I got a great company deal.
Picked up the bumper after a couple of weeks and dropped it off in my garage where it sat for another week.
Then I went to install the bumper and I noticed that I had two bolts in a baggie and that was it but there were four bolts powder coated on the bumper. Fu@k! The. I realize that the LED lights and turn signals are not with the bumper. Called up Addicted and he confirmed that he has a check list before shipping and lights were wrapped up and shipped inside the bumper. With little hope I called up both the FedEx location and Powder coat shop and as you would guess no lights. Addicted offered to give me a good deal on another set of lights so I ordered them.
Now I had to cut the powder coat with a razor blade and carefully remove the bolts and washers from the bumper. Touched up the now raw steel circles left behind the washer with etching primer and black paint after a very careful tape job.
During the install the bumper would not mount all the way back and kept hitting the headlights. At this point I am fuming but mark out 2” of bumper plate and hack it off with a cut off wheel on a freshly powder coated bumper. Test fitted again and although it could use additional trimming on one light I was done and just painted up the cut edges and finished the job.
I contacted Addicted and after a discussion and some e-mails we found out that my January 2005 build date GX still has the shorter body mounts like the 2003 & 2004 models which he sends a different bumper for but he had no idea the body mounts had a cross over into 2005.
I still have to install the lights but the holes are not big enough with the thick powder coat so now I have to dreamer the light openings to get the lights to fit. Will this bumper install ever end? :rolleyes:

View attachment 2350757

View attachment 2350773

View attachment 2350774
That is brutal!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom