Individual body mounts available? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Im planning on installing a new sil panel soon. Ill need to replace the four rear body mounts while I’m at it. Are there any vendors that sell these individually so I dont have to buy an entire mount kit?

1CF80875-5469-4195-A374-9B2EC95AD3D9.jpeg

Any reason why you wouldn’t want to go ahead and replace them all at the same time?
I just replaced mine and the improvement on ride quality was very nice.

I agree with Purple, why not just replace all of them? SOR used to sell individual mounts, but appear to no longer be available outside of kits. The kits are relatively inexpensive, I just got the Energy Suspension kit for my rig.

Also a tip, just sawzall the old mounts off. Just go through the rubber and split the whole thing. Kits come with new bolts, so why fight with the old rusty ones...

I agree with Purple, why not just replace all of them? SOR used to sell individual mounts, but appear to no longer be available outside of kits. The kits are relatively inexpensive, I just got the Energy Suspension kit for my rig.

Also a tip, just sawzall the old mounts off. Just go through the rubber and split the whole thing. Kits come with new bolts, so why fight with the old rusty ones...

do you have a link to the kit youre using?

where in Oregon are you?

do you have a link to the kit youre using?

where in Oregon are you?

I'm in the Beaverton area, you?

Below is the link to the kit. My rebuild changed direction from putting back together, to stripping further down, so I have not installed the mounts yet. Other Mudders have used this kit though and seemed happy with it from the reviews I have read.

Im in Gaston. About 30 minutes SW of Beaverton.

Im in Gaston. About 30 minutes SW of Beaverton.

My in-laws live just outside of Gaston :D

We'll have to meet up once we get the rigs running. There are quite a few 40s on this side of Portland, maybe a formal meet is due in the future. 🤷‍♂️

My in-laws live just outside of Gaston :D

We'll have to meet up once we get the rigs running. There are quite a few 40s on this side of Portland, maybe a formal meet is due in the future. 🤷‍♂️

For sure! I was pondering arranging a get together at my place next spring. Plenty of privacy and space and I even have some nice little hill climbing sections.

I picked up a couple of Daystar mounts (the large ones) a couple of months ago from Cool Cruisers, it was open stock apparently. You might give them a try for individual pieces.

Hmmm, the Daystars I used were almost exactly like OEM in construction, single piece construction with the bolt vs. multi-piece for the ES. This is on both a ‘63 FJ45 SWB and a ‘65 FJ40. Fit was perfect including height. Here’s a front one on my ‘63 45.
IMG_2776.JPG

:meh:

Last edited:
I’d really prefer to not have to buy the whole kit to just do the rear 4 mounts. If I was lifting the body off it would be different, but I’m not and all the other body mounts appear to be perfectly healthy. Anybody?

You could call one of the above mentioned companies and see if they would sell individually
Likely will not be cost effective. If not
Buy the kit, replace the ones you need now and save the others for another day

I just some rear mounts off that were barely installed on my project. The ones I removed look similar. Let me look tomorrow and make sure I didn't throw them away.
You need 4?? I am assuming those that under rear sill?

I just some rear mounts off that were barely installed on my project. The ones I removed look similar. Let me look tomorrow and make sure I didn't throw them away.
You need 4?? I am assuming those that under rear sill?

yes the 4 rear mounts under the rear sill. Thanks for looking?

D89F0B12-54B8-434E-895D-0AC1EB925816.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom