In-Tank Pump For Downey Fuel Cell (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Downey

SILVER Star
Threads
Well guys and gals, I gotter done, a new kit for mounting any electric pump (any pressure) inside the Downey rear fuel cell/aux. tank. I posted photos on my ebay store, item #251786797897. Only problem is I have yet to make the kits, but they are a no brainer.

I'm posting these pics for Downey:

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$(KGrHqZHJEUE-kQYhNl6BPwob+zfFw~~60_57.JPG

$(KGrHqVHJBsE-+rvofziBPwob92Oo!~~60_57.JPG

$(KGrHqRHJ!4E-cZP0hCkBPwobz64Yg~~60_57.JPG

$(KGrHqVHJEoE-luv7YrsBPwob1NdgQ~~60_57.JPG

$(KGrHqIOKjoE5YtT6vl9BOiz)-ICEQ~~60_57.JPG

$(KGrHqF,!iME2MMY(PfgBNt3WN8M!g~~_35.JPG

$(KGrHqV,!jUE2HHkqrF4BNt3eDiRd!~~_35.JPG

Hey Jim,
That is one nice looking tank setup! Curious as to who made the sender unit? It looks similar to a Centroid system? Does this sender work with the OEM Cruiser gauge or does it require a separate gauge?

Sender is a Centroid unit, we supplied these with our tanks until Centroid got difficult for a business to deal with. We then started sending our customers directly to Centroid, no customer complaint when dealing directly with Centroid. I'd always use the Centroid sender if (a) I was using a rear tank only with aftermarket gauge, or (b) had a 9/72-newer using one or two tanks (straight 12 volts dash gauge can entertain both senders). The 7 volt drop on 8/72-older rigs presents a problem when switching from front to rear sender.

Downey - do you offer any incentive for buying from you outside of eBay? I would like to pull the trigger on a tank.

I'm interested in buying one as well. Can you send me a direct link. I can't seem to get through to the Ebay store. thank you

Will your mounting system work with other aux tanks? I have a Custom Gas Tanks tank and I do not wish to drill thru the rear bed and I know that these tanks have been known to crack at the mounting holes.

image.jpg
image.jpg

a) To contact me, or buy outside of ebay, use email "tojoproducts@aol.com".
b) In-tank fuel pump mounting kits made, and several sold.
c) Downey fuel cell is shape of original Con-Fer tank. Custom Tank I believe to be the same outside shape as well, our straps should fit.

a) To contact me, or buy outside of ebay, use email "tojoproducts@aol.com".
b) In-tank fuel pump mounting kits made, and several sold.
c) Downey fuel cell is shape of original Con-Fer tank. Custom Tank I believe to be the same outside shape as well, our straps should fit.

Hey Jim, do you have an eBay link?
Thanks!

Good to know about the straps as I have and aux tank "unknown" origin that I am planning on installing. I have a 67"fj40 and have just started to research how to install and this thread is a good place to start.

Good to know about the straps as I have and aux tank "unknown" origin that I am planning on installing. I have a 67"fj40 and have just started to research how to install and this thread is a good place to start.

Will your mounting system work with other aux tanks? I have a Custom Gas Tanks tank and I do not wish to drill thru the rear bed and I know that these tanks have been known to crack at the mounting holes.

View attachment 1133244 View attachment 1133245
Alex

I believe that tank is flat bottomed, so no, the Downey straps will not fit. I put the same tank under my FJ 45 with the same intention of not using the thru-tank mounting. Being as the tank was vapor free, I welded angle iron to the front and back of the tank to make my under bed mounting points. 11+ years and about 100k miles without issue.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom