Fuel Pump (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does a 1973 Toyota OEM fuel pump work fine on a 1981 2F? I am rebuilding a 2f and my existing mechanical fuel pump on my F works fine and would prefer to save a few bucks and transplant it to the 2f.

yes the pump will work in the block, no spacer needed.
the 73 does not have a return port off the fuel pump like the 1981 does.
spending all that money on a rebuild and not wanting to spend another $100-150?? or whatever replacements are going for now.
the later pump needs a spacer

I have a Rochester on my 72. I have been running diode electric fuel pumps since the 80's. They last about 10 years for less than $20. Very handy to transfer fuel to the 4 wheeler or other uses.

Does a 1973 Toyota OEM fuel pump work fine on a 1981 2F? I am rebuilding a 2f and my existing mechanical fuel pump on my F works fine and would prefer to save a few bucks and transplant it to the 2f.
yes the pump will work in the block, no spacer needed.
the 73 does not have a return port off the fuel pump like the 1981 does.
spending all that money on a rebuild and not wanting to spend another $100-150?? or whatever replacements are going for now.
the later pump needs a spacer

considering you get , the qty x 2 NOS OEM correct fuel pump bolts , the correct Spacer w/ pre-installed factory gaskets , and its OEM TOYOTA made in JAPAN, spec.

a NEW pump will serve you well for many many years , PLUS it has the Internal pressure regulator and 3rd return line feature bult-in
-

- this is TRULY a modern age refinement your old 1973 FOSSILE ...

- a FJ60 modern HIGH - MEDIA filter is a MUST DO and well worth it Too !

types-of-fuel-pumps.png

1696540434728.png

pump spacer  - Copy resize .png

DSCN2869.JPG
DSCN2870.JPG

Yeah, definitely just go for a new pump. Just have to accept these Land Cruisers will make us broke.... but it's fun while it lasts. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom