Importing LC300 to USA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The Sequoia is not NA only.

Your second statement has almost been 100% verified by Toyota themselves. Especially with them moving Sequoia manufacture to the San Antonio plant. And pushing Tacoma manufacture completely to TMMMX.
Well actually, Mexico and Costa Rica are considered NA as well. It sold (although poorly) for a few years in Saudi Arabia but that ended after MY2017. Cant wait for the new model to be released, along with the LX600 and LX750h.

Is it remotely feasible to try and import a 2022 LC300 to the US? I understand it is likely expensive, but if the car already costs $90k it may not be a large % of that number. Just trying to understand if this is even worth thinking about. If so, where should I start and would anyone be interested in doing this also (I am looking at the GR/sport version).

I am assuming here that we may never see the LC300 sold in the US (based off what Toyota has indicated so far). There might be a Lexus model but I don't want a Lexus. If that assumption is true, the resale on a very unique LC300 in the US might stay very high given the scarcity.
Drive it in from Mexico with a person from whatever country you bought it in attach the vehicle to said persons visa fly them home now got to figure out ins vin tags etc

Drive it in from Mexico with a person from whatever country you bought it in attach the vehicle to said persons visa fly them home now got to figure out ins vin tags etc
Perfect plan until you get into a serious accident. Then not so much.

Where are you going to buy this 300? Not in Mexico or Central America as they don’t sell them there. My guess is they won’t be available in NA or SA outside of maybe Columbia.

Last edited:
It's not over until 70 series goes out of production.
I doubt they will ever stop producing them. They sell so many, and I'm sure people tell Toyota all the time that they dig the classic looks of the 70s. They sell well, Toyota has everything down pat on making them, and it is an iconic vehicle. It is a safe bet that the 70 is likely the last vehicle on earth to give up internal combustion. There is no need for Toyota to refresh them either. I really doubt it will be going anywhere.

If INEOS doesn't fumble this, I think this is where alot of us LC and LR fans in the past will end up if we can't get 300+ series LCs here in the States. This is doing everything I want and need in a daily driving & overlanding family adventure SUV. The thing that would push me toward this over a 200 series eventually is the out of the box capability vs. having to modify and upgrade the LC. Fingers crossed that one day we get the LC back and with lockers from the factory but I'm not hopeful. Seems like they think the 4Runner meets my needs (too small).

If INEOS doesn't fumble this, I think this is where alot of us LC and LR fans in the past will end up if we can't get 300+ series LCs here in the States. This is doing everything I want and need in a daily driving & overlanding family adventure SUV. The thing that would push me toward this over a 200 series eventually is the out of the box capability vs. having to modify and upgrade the LC. Fingers crossed that one day we get the LC back and with lockers from the factory but I'm not hopeful. Seems like they think the 4Runner meets my needs (too small).

As long as I get the TOOT button, I'm in.

1626707953887.png

The only 300 you'll see here is a Lexus version, which in my opinion isn't really a Land Cruiser at all - just another fancy SUV you see on the road. The last bastion of what a Land Cruiser is would be the 'Heritage Edition' Land Cruiser sold here in the United States. It is more off-road oriented with the rear seats removed (only a 5 seater), no mini-fridge in the center console, running boards are removed for greater ground clearance, it has a cargo 'basket' on the top, and by V8 enthusiasts' standards it is the last real SUV Toyota is going to sell to us stateside.
1627614772906.png

Last edited:
It's not over until 70 series goes out of production.
In other words, the Land Cruiser started in 1984 and is still going strong. 😊

In other words, the Land Cruiser started in 1984 and is still going strong. 😊
That's right, but apparently Toyota wants to refresh the modern 70 series. Probably not kill it, knowing how conservative Toyota is, they'll probably beef up some parts of it rather than change bodywork or major structural components. It will likely be the same truck under the hood.

That's right, but apparently Toyota wants to refresh the modern 70 series. Probably not kill it, knowing how conservative Toyota is, they'll probably beef up some parts of it rather than change bodywork or major structural components. It will likely be the same truck under the hood.
You're right ! LC 70 Series is going to get major upgrade in 2022

Toyota LandCruiser 70 Series to get major upgrade - motoring.com.au - https://www.motoring.com.au/toyota-landcruiser-70-series-to-get-major-upgrade-131247/

The only 300 you'll see here is a Lexus version, which in my opinion isn't really a Land Cruiser at all - just another fancy SUV you see on the road. The last bastion of what a Land Cruiser is would be the 'Heritage Edition' Land Cruiser sold here in the United States. It is more off-road oriented with the rear seats removed (only a 5 seater), no mini-fridge in the center console, running boards are removed for greater ground clearance, it has a cargo 'basket' on the top, and by V8 enthusiasts' standards it is the last real SUV Toyota is going to sell to us stateside.
View attachment 2745382
Have you even sat in an LX?

Other than fenders, front grille and suspension (which in other parts of the world they get AHC) and upgraded trim it is the same truck.

Watch the F Sport model of the LX600 will be the GR-S 300 (other than what mentioned above).

But I doubt you would be a buyer away since they are just another SUV.

View attachment 2745382
This is the dumbest thing I've read in quite sometime. It only shows that you are ignorant and have little to no experience with an LX. The LX is 100% Land Cruiser. You think just because they don't put the words land cruiser that somehow it will magically not perform the same? Sheesh some people.

Seems to me that the best/cheapest way to get a 300 in the states would be to buy the Lexus version and then import all the parts to do a cosmetic conversion. Would be somewhat costly but not as costly as other options and zero concerns about fudging the rules etc. Nice, clean solution for those with the $ means & desire.

This is the dumbest thing I've read in quite sometime. It only shows that you are ignorant and have little to no experience with an LX. The LX is 100% Land Cruiser. You think just because they don't put the words land cruiser that somehow it will magically not perform the same? Sheesh some people.
Dude, seriously? I'm just trying to help out Patassa. If you've read Patassa's post, you'll see that he is only interested in out of the box capability to take his family off road with and not need to modify their car to suit their needs. Lexus has been selling their version of the 200 series without any proper off-road equipment other than what came from the factory. The approach and departure angles are vastly reduced because of the horrible bodykit they put on those things, they fit tiny rims and wheels for better fuel consumption, and lastly Lexus tends to overdo their vehicles with electronic gizmos which over time go bad. None of these things are really desirable things for an off road vehicle.

Also, your post seems like an 11-year old wrote it
Here, have this dinosaur to make you feel better :zilla:

Dude, seriously? I'm just trying to help out Patassa. If you've read Patassa's post, you'll see that he is only interested in out of the box capability to take his family off road with and not need to modify their car to suit their needs. Lexus has been selling their version of the 200 series without any proper off-road equipment other than what came from the factory. The approach and departure angles are vastly reduced because of the horrible bodykit they put on those things, they fit tiny rims and wheels for better fuel consumption, and lastly Lexus tends to overdo their vehicles with electronic gizmos which over time go bad. None of these things are really desirable things for an off road vehicle.

Also, your post seems like an 11-year old wrote it
Here, have this dinosaur to make you feel better :zilla:
What off-road equipment do you speak of? Both have atrac, neither has a rear locker. The only difference between the two is Ahc VS KDSS. Out of the box both have terrible ground clearance and the LX can compensate for that using AHC to improve ground clearance. Both come with street tires... both come with large wheels which aren't ideal for offroading I will give the LC the win on that a= but chances are if you are going to be offroading a 200 you will be switching wheels and tires, so you my dude are wrong. Learn more about the platform before chiming k champ?

Lucky me I love dinos.

It would be cheaper to buy the LX 570, rip out AHC (if you really want), replace with a after-market suspension, then add custom bumpers, sliders, etc. etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom