Importing LC300 to USA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well actually, Mexico and Costa Rica are considered NA as well. It sold (although poorly) for a few years in Saudi Arabia but that ended after MY2017. Cant wait for the new model to be released, along with the LX600 and LX750h.

Costa Rica is North America!? No sir, it is not. It is a Central American country.

Mexico is part of North America and so is Canada.

Cheers

Sequoia is NA only as well.

word on the street is that the new Sequoia, built on the 2022 Tundra base, will basically become the Land Cruiser for North America.

Sequoia is not only NA, but yes the rest of your statement quoted above is the word among Toyota people I talk to.

Sequoia is sold only in the US, Canada, and Costa Rica. That is considered the North America market in Toyota’s planning. There is no Central America.

Sequoia was sold off and on for several years in middle east market, therefore it is was not always exclusively NA market.

If you want an LC300 they are available in droves at the dealers here in Saudi Arabia, have seen the first few registered on the street as well.
Expensive though, not helped by the recently increased VAT to 15%.... available in 5 different trim grades between US$70.000 and US$108.000, see here for details Toyota Land Cruiser 2022 | Toyota Saudi Arabia - ALJ - https://www.toyota.com.sa/en/vehicles/suv/LC300
20210807_150949.jpg

There have been so many front and rear end variations of the LC200 that you have to look twice if not three times to actually recognize this as the new model. So much for progress, I understand the whole "building on the heritage" theme and all that but this make-over is pretty lame in my opinion. The same goes for the interior which will be largely remarkably familiar for folks with a 2021 LC200. I'd argue the 2021 LC200 with the large 'tesla-like' vetical screen in the center dash actually looks better than this oddly placed screen in the new LC300. That interior deserves a double pretty pretty lame when compared to the level of innovation other manufacturers put in a $100K car. I was looking forward to replacing my now 11 year old, but otherwise perfectly fine LC200 but now not so sure its worth the hefty premium over the outgoing model.

I heard you guys can get a 300 series through Landcruisers of America is that correct ?
:rofl:

If you want an LC300 they are available in droves at the dealers here in Saudi Arabia, have seen the first few registered on the street as well.
Expensive though, not helped by the recently increased VAT to 15%.... available in 5 different trim grades between US$70.000 and US$108.000, see here for details Toyota Land Cruiser 2022 | Toyota Saudi Arabia - ALJ - https://www.toyota.com.sa/en/vehicles/suv/LC300View attachment 2766624
Question is, how can you get one stateside and drive it on the road? They have to be 25+ years old to be eligible for importation.

A dude was importing German spec Mercedes cars into America for a cheaper price than Mercedes’ USA was selling for in the 80s, so they made the 25 year rule for independent people underselling manufacturers. Daimler spent millions and millions of dollars in lobbying. Many congressmen opposed it because it took power away from people and gave it to manufacturers, but it eventually passed. RIP. this is why we can’t get the 70 series, or the 300 series

this is why we can’t get the 70 series
pff wow yeah right. toyota is bringing the 70 series stateside incredibly soon bc i have a complete understanding of the intricacies of all global markets and there is totally demand here and it would fly off the shelves takeo kondo would literally s*** himself they would literally be turning away literal money not to bring it here do you not understand get excited bc were all going to be driving 70 series land cruisers in the united states there is no question at all i cant wait to flex my 2022 diesel no-top shortwheelbase longbed 6 wheel topless 70 on 37s with a diesel right in your face lmao

pff wow yeah right. toyota is bringing the 70 series stateside incredibly soon bc i have a complete understanding of the intricacies of all global markets and there is totally demand here and it would fly off the shelves takeo kondo would literally s*** himself they would literally be turning away literal money not to bring it here do you not understand get excited bc were all going to be driving 70 series land cruisers in the united states there is no question at all i cant wait to flex my 2022 diesel no-top shortwheelbase longbed 6 wheel topless 70 on 37s with a diesel right in your face lmao
No, I’m saying this is why you can’t bring a new 70 to USA, not toyota

A dude was importing German spec Mercedes cars into America for a cheaper price than Mercedes’ USA was selling for in the 80s, so they made the 25 year rule for independent people underselling manufacturers. Daimler spent millions and millions of dollars in lobbying. Many congressmen opposed it because it took power away from people and gave it to manufacturers, but it eventually passed. RIP. this is why we can’t get the 70 series, or the 300 series
This right here ^^ also see the chicken tax that basically walled out most foreign trucks still to this day from the US market. It's high time s*** changed, but we all know it won't, because lobbying.

Here is a side-by-side comparison of the front end of a regular 300 and the new GR sport model. At least the front approach angle has improved.... but looks?!

20211023_144027.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom