Importing LC300 to USA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is it remotely feasible to try and import a 2022 LC300 to the US? I understand it is likely expensive, but if the car already costs $90k it may not be a large % of that number. Just trying to understand if this is even worth thinking about. If so, where should I start and would anyone be interested in doing this also (I am looking at the GR/sport version).

I am assuming here that we may never see the LC300 sold in the US (based off what Toyota has indicated so far). There might be a Lexus model but I don't want a Lexus. If that assumption is true, the resale on a very unique LC300 in the US might stay very high given the scarcity.

If you are willing to throw that kinda cash at getting one just buy the Lexus and rebadge/grille the F'in thang!

There’s no law preventing you from importing one and driving it on your own private property. It would have to be shipped directly to the property, and it wouldn’t be able to ever leave the property under its own power. You’d also have absolutely no way to insure it

Haha ok well I think that sounds like a resounding "no, not worth thinking about". What a shame, I love my 200 but it is just so outdated and increasingly so every year.

I like that the 300 seems to have left the things that make the 200 great mostly alone and improved on everything else. And the GR/Sport trim looks awesome (some of the Middle East oriented "luxury" mall cruiser body kits not so much

Is it remotely feasible to try and import a 2022 LC300 to the US? I understand it is likely expensive, but if the car already costs $90k it may not be a large % of that number. Just trying to understand if this is even worth thinking about. If so, where should I start and would anyone be interested in doing this also (I am looking at the GR/sport version).

I am assuming here that we may never see the LC300 sold in the US (based off what Toyota has indicated so far). There might be a Lexus model but I don't want a Lexus. If that assumption is true, the resale on a very unique LC300 in the US might stay very high given the scarcity.
The Lexus version of the LC300 will most likely end up here. Close enough?

Buy a 2022 Chevy Suburban and slap some LC300 badges on it. LC300 is about as plain and boring as the Suburban.
suburban-ogi.jpg

> Otherwise, buy 7, destroy 6, modify the 7th and you are “legal.”

Is this really a thing, or did a joke just fly over my head?

> Otherwise, buy 7, destroy 6, modify the 7th and you are “legal.”

Is this really a thing, or did a joke just fly over my head?

I believe this is referring to the crash testing that would be required. Vehicles get destroyed in the testing. The 7th would then need to be modified to whatever is needed to be compliant with emissions etc.

In the end you might have a new land cruiser and a lot of spare parts and maybe some spare engines to use down the road :hmm:

You are guarranteed to have spent a lot of money though :). To the OP - even if it is the only one ever brought and registered legally in the USA its resale value would be highly unlikely to recoup the cost spent to do so.

Just wait I think the LX600 will be a great truck...

AHC is a lot better than most understand of it.

I would theoretically be quite happy with the LX600, except that the current LX570 is clearly less off-road oriented (even if the underlying car is the same) and extremely ugly (imo) compared to the LC200 and I don't expect that to change for the new gen. Honestly was mostly interested in the GR/Sport version of the LC300 because of the off-road orientation and stripped-down look.

I suppose if there is no LC300 in the US, there might be a version of the LX600 that is off-road oriented. This video claims that the F-Sport LX600 may be similar to the GR LC300, so I am holding my breath!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom