Im need some help with buying a landcruiser. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm needed some help trying to find the right car on a second hand market.
- what kms do I look for?
- what type do I look for?
- what other general things do I look for?
Price range is around $13000 aud and would probably push $15000 aud

I'm new here and want to go bush.

One of the most useful pieces of advice for this forum is to make a point of utilizing a search when you have questions. Don't mean that in a nasty way, it's just that virtually every question and topic has been covered thoroughly. The FAQ section is packed with info, to start, as shown above ^

And a tip for searching is to use Google instead of the forum itself, which doesn't work very well. Key words + "ih8mud 80" or something of the like.

Good luck!

One of the most useful pieces of advice for this forum is to make a point of utilizing a search when you have questions. Don't mean that in a nasty way, it's just that virtually every question and topic has been covered thoroughly. The FAQ section is packed with info, to start, as shown above ^

And a tip for searching is to use Google instead of the forum itself, which doesn't work very well. Key words + "ih8mud 80" or something of the like.

Good luck!
Thanks for that mate. I will look into it

Also while you’re searching, consider the significant differences in the trucks sent to the US vs what is available in your market when you’re looking into this info. For example, no part time 4wd 5 speed turbo diesels with ambulance doors here, etc…

Doesn't really matter what country, what market

Be patient. The seller wants your money more than you NEED that particular car. There's plenty to choose from.

Do your homework.

Test drive a few cars.

Kick some tyres.

Crawl under the car, look for scratches, gouges, dents etc in the frame from offroad work.

Don't buy the first one you look at.

Buy the car in the best condition, best maintained AND lowest mileage you can afford with your budget.

Lowest mileage doesn't equal best condition. You're buying a 30 year old car.

Take photos inside, outside, underneath, in the engine bay etc and post up in this thread for opinions.

There 100% WILL be stuff that needs maintenanc, repairs etc.
Although, if you buy carefully, you should be able to drive across the Nullabor the next day

The lower the buy price, the more you should allow to do repairs after purchase, or in the first couple of years of ownership. I'd say if you can't afford to spend $2-3k plus on repairs at any point, you probably can't afford a 30 year old cruiser.
If you're paying someone to do repairs, this is even more relevant.

Aussie specific . . .
With that budget, forget a diesel version. Anything diesel in that price range will have half a million kilometres on it, or be a total piece of shìt.
Avoid LPG converted vehicles.
Avoid automatic trans IMO. You'll get slightly less hideous fuel consumption with a manual

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom