IF I build it--would anyone be interested in buying it? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

indeed it is......

So how does it mount to the rear frame section of the Land Cruiser?

Ditto ^

Looks nice. Better hurry and get to selling some as I know of someone who will be giving you some competition in the near future. ;)

Hurry up brother....

:beer:

Ditto ^

Looks nice. Better hurry and get to selling some as I know of someone who will be giving you some competition in the near future. ;)

Just remember who wanted one of those bumpers... Hurry up would ya?

;)

Ditto ^

You still at it Hawk? Lookin' forward to it :D

four bolts in the center using the stock locations for the reciever. I will also be drilling two more mounting locations in between the tail light and the reciever.In regards to competition...I'm not looking to make a business out of it. Just figured since I am in the middle of this I would build tow additional bumpers for the heck of it if anyone is interested. I'm not looking to make any crazy profit just looking to cover costs and laborno compition if someone wants to pick up a good deal on a carrier. great if not then it is what it is.

four bolts in the center using the stock locations for the reciever. I will also be drilling two more mounting locations in between the tail light and the reciever.In regards to competition...I'm not looking to make a business out of it. Just figured since I am in the middle of this I would build two additional bumpers for the heck of it if anyone is interested. I'm not looking to make any crazy profit just looking to cover costs and laborno compition if someone wants to pick up a good deal on a carrier. great if not then it is what it is.

300 series

Go get some 316L welding rods. They will weld the stainless to carbon steel no problem. 316L is the best welding rod ever. It welds super easy and makes a very pretty bead. Has a rainbow color to it when the flux chips off.

I can get you a couple of rods if the welding store wants a fortune for them.

Just shoot me a PM.

JR

I'd buy it... Looks good.

Fellas,

I am nearly finished building my custom tire carrier...the price would molst likley range from $650-$950.

You mean like these... also on the East coast?
Iron Pig Off Road : Toyota 4WD experts

Competition is good but it's hard to beat someone like Lance (almost in your backyard in VA) that has been R&Ding these for quite a while... He makes a quality proven product. You probably should look at options he doesn't offer (maybe you are with the dual swing outs) or offer a better price point (again, maybe you are)

I'm always interested in new offerings and new vendors... ESPECIALLY here on the good side of the USA ;)

Mark in NY

at a savings of $200+ off SOR's, i would buy one.

You bought an ICON and you're worried about $200?!

(don't get mad, I'm just jealous!)

Mark

Do you have one of these on your truck right now?

How long have you been using it?

JR FJ4 Thanks for the heads up and the offer regarding the rod. As it stands I have decided to create my own latch....Thanks for the offer..It is appreciated.

Mark...again i am not in compitition with IPOR...I just had a blast making my carrier and decided that I would build a few more for the experience. If anyone wanted to claim them then great. I just want to recoup cost of materials and labor. I would build to order whether it be a single or double arm. reciever or no reciever. If all goes well and the final product was liked my arm could be twisted to make a few more.

In fact the design is a higjack from 4+plus, IPOR and Hawkdriver.

Beefbarley..if you are interested send me a PM either way thanks for the input

Can anyone give me advice on he purchase of a tool for bending pipe for a jerry can/cooler carrier?Looking for a good price on somthing that will do the job

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom