Unique Seat Fabric in an FJ40 - Anyone Done It? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ever since I acquired my fj45, I've been dreaming about getting some custom, vintage style fabric / leather combination upholstery. At simplest, I am thinking something FJ60 style and at wildest maybe some sort of Pendleton wool fabric. I'm surprised there aren't more examples out there on the web. Honestly, I couldn't find any.

Has anyone added some unique, custom upholstery to their FJ? I think my biggest concern is that something louder might look overpowering in a small FJ45 cab.

Some inspo from another vehicle
fabric.jpeg

TIA!

That looks cool but I avoid cloth materials in land cruisers as much as possible. I usually stick to vinyl or leather. Mainly for ease of cleanliness.
Post 96 in my thread shows typical Saudi spec skins. These look like cloth but are actually vinyl. The same basic skins with a slightly different pattern are also in my Saudi FZJ75 pickup.

I have had a stock interior 40 and it was ok. The one I have owned now for 6 years now has custom interior and it is very comfortable. Sorry they are a little dark in the garage

I realize FJ40 is now classic. Pendleton wool seats are fine for Barrett Jackson or as an investment. For an FJ40 to be used as intended when built, an interior and carpet would be stupid. Using an FJ40 during the years of production would include muddy boots on floor, fish and equipment in back, animals shot during hunting trips. ETC.. I have Pendleton blankets and would never allow fish/deer on them for the common reason.
So, a garage queen, use Pendleton , if one is still using a FJ40 as intended, vinyl or other weathered abuse , use that.

Here’s one that JP @ClemsonCruiser did:

Ever since I acquired my fj45, I've been dreaming about getting some custom, vintage style fabric / leather combination upholstery. At simplest, I am thinking something FJ60 style and at wildest maybe some sort of Pendleton wool fabric. I'm surprised there aren't more examples out there on the web. Honestly, I couldn't find any.

Has anyone added some unique, custom upholstery to their FJ? I think my biggest concern is that something louder might look overpowering in a small FJ45 cab.

Some inspo from another vehicle
View attachment 3346657

TIA!
I love this kind of uniqueness in old rides. I believe the style of fabric design is called Tartan. My only complaint about using fabric in a 40 is that fabrics are difficult to keep clean versus vinyl. Another cool look would be a hispanic Sarape design. Probably best for use on a larger bench seat and not buckets though. I am having some custom dash covers made with Sarape fabric for my GM pickups. Probably wouldn't be a good material for a seat, but I like the design.

I would opt for fabric seat covers OVER vinyl, so that they could be removed and washed unless the truck is really babied and barely used.

Last edited:
Here’s one that JP @ClemsonCruiser did:

and another:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom