Ideas for hood scoops? (I figured it out but there’s a lot of good info for other people) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Better pictures, we’re you able to install them without cutting braces?
no cutting of braces needed..

and pic of my vents up close
20181104_143944.jpg

installed pic for reference, not mine.

Screenshot_20181013-102635_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Any before and after temp numbers ?
Thanks
Not sure if anything might just prolong the life of rubber, hoses, etc on the exhaust side,. When i installed the hood louvers, i also replaced my radiator with a Ron Davis and other while your in there parts, so couldn't establish a baseline at the time. If anything, i feel hot air coming off the vents, so they oughta be doing something....

This can probably be a easy fix without a silly looking hood, but we need info and pics.

……so for all that get the whole ‘negative / positive cowl pressure’ - I have a small scoop that I been reserving if I get a Joey turbo, want to know if it would do good to mount.

It came from the RS forward face of a turbo hood -and I was going to mount it backwards ala’ late 70’s Trans Am directly over the turbo.

So the scoop would face the windshield & be ~3/4” x 7” opening.

Will that evacuate hot air at higher speeds, or just let heat escape when slow/stopped?

The last few pages of the ‘Bolt-on turbo’ thread have been heavy on this talk, but I didn’t want to muck up the core topic there any more.

How tall is the filter? Can we see pics of this setup? I would run one of these regardless.

View attachment 3065884

Also, a small body lift may be all you need.
Well thank you for the response but I found out about the existence of a 2 inch drop base for the filter to make it sit around the carb. Unfortunately I didn’t find this out until after I cut the hood but ol well, fits great now. I can still provide pictures if you’d like

This can probably be a easy fix without a silly looking hood, but we need info and pics.
Sorry for the lack of response, I kinda just abandoned when people started posting funny/dumb stuff and other convos started. Problem has been solved but I ruined my hood so I’m on the look for a new one but not very soon cause expensive. $30 part fixed my sole problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom