Ideal LX470 Kings AHC delete setup? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Everyone!

I have a 03 LX470 and I've finally made the decision to take out my AHC and switch to a more standard suspension. The main reason was rust.

After doing some research, I'm leaning towards getting Kings: 25001-259 / 25001-258 King Shocks for Toyota Land Cruiser 100 and Lexus LX470 - https://www.filthymotorsports.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=KING%2D25001%2D259 due to the ride comfort and quality. I talked to Ben at Filthy Motorsports and he mentioned that staying stock with the other suspension components would be good but I wanted to get some additional feedback from the community. I've read thru the forums and it seems like staying OEM (LC100 Parts) with the springs/t-bars or getting aftermarket parts are both popular choices. Can you guys let me know if OEM is the way to go? For some additional context, I will be staying pretty much stock (maybe adding sliders) for the foreseeable future, however, waaay down the road I might consider getting a bumper/RTT.

I appreciate your help!

If you're at stock weight or close to it OEM used LC torsion bars and coils with 30mm spacers along with new OEM shocks will do just fine and all of those parts are very inexpensive. If/when you maybe/might add significant weight then consider upgrading the springs.

Last edited:
I'm also looking to replace the lower control arms and sway bar. Would OEM be sufficient for the lower control arms and Tailor Trailer for the sway bar?

Thanks!

I'm also looking to replace the lower control arms and sway bar. Would OEM be sufficient for the lower control arms and Tailor Trailer for the sway bar?

Thanks!
What result are you trying to achieve? Lcas and sway bars are not commonly replaced on these vehicles.

@Jerzywerzy5 not results but I was told by a shop (While they were doing my brakes) that I should be replacing the Lcas and sway bars due to rust. This alongside the fact that when I took a look at the AHC lines and found them rusty - guided me towards the decision to rip the AHC out. I figured if I'm upgrading my suspension I might as well do everything that's needed:

• 2x Lower Control Arms (OEM LX470)
  • 2x Upper Control Arms (Probably SPC)
  • 2x Sway Bars (Tailor Trailor)
  • 2x Torsion Bars (OEM LC 100)
  • 2x Springs (OEM LC 100)
  • 2x CV Axles (OEM LX470)
  • 4X King Shocks
@GTV are the spacers necessary?

This list is what I've compiled so far based on what I've read in other threads. I know that Kings might be overkill but my reasoning at this time is that its an investment and I will not have to consider upgrading again (However, this can change. I know the OEM LC100 shocks are a great deal, and pretty good?). I also realize I have not considered any of the other suspension bits in the back aside from the springs/shocks.

I'm looking for all the wire harness housing (pig tails) blocks. i.e: For the pump. pressure sensor (both styles), temp sensor, high sensor(s), controller, accumulator, etc. Number one I need today, is for pump motor. I'm using these to make diagnostic tools.

If you're (or anyone) remove any or all. I can use them?

I'm also looking for the AHC ECu (under dash near IG SW)?

Anyone, please PM if you can help. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom