ID help needed! UNDER THE HOOD. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What are these? New to my 60 and unfamiliar to me.
Located between air cleaner and firewall.

2 should connect to 3 it is a coolant hose
1 should connect to the passenger side firewall heater valve, coolant hose
4 is the breather from the valve cover into the air cleaner housing
just looked again and the hose running horizontally across above 1 should connect to 1, it says heater hose on the hose.
from the looks of 2, 3 and 4 they seem very corroded and may not seal with a hose clamp as they will crush easily

2 should connect to 3 it is a coolant hose
1 should connect to the passenger side firewall heater valve, coolant hose
4 is the breather from the valve cover into the air cleaner housing
just looked again and the hose running horizontally across above 1 should connect to 1, it says heater hose on the hose.
from the looks of 2, 3 and 4 they seem very corroded and may not seal with a hose clamp as they will crush easily
Any idea what the part number for 1-2 is? Or if it's something I could 1.) bypass or 2.) replace with a cheap part from Autozone or Napa just to get her running?

Last edited:
only real way to bypass would be to remove completely and plug the threaded hole in the head. but then you would need to plug off the heater hose going to the heater core on the passenger side of the block.

to remove 1 and 2, 2 gets unthreaded from 1 then 1 gets unthreaded from the block.

See if this diagram works for you. I do believe its NLA OEM now. I tried to find one and was told it wasn't available anymore by Camelback Toyota. I ended up just refurbishing mine. It was not in as bad of shape as yours though and was salvageable. The hose 87245A was NLA OEM as well when I tried to get one from same dealer. I sourced one from NAPA however. Not sure the P/N on that one but they can get it for you. Maybe you could check with @beno and see if he maybe has one NOS, knows the info I was told is untrue and it is still available, or can point you in the right direction as to where to get an aftermarket replacement. HTH.

Untitled3.png

Edit: You could also try and find just a similarly set up BSPT fitting that could replace the OEM one if indeed confirmed NLA. Engine block uses BSPT thread setup (used in Japan) rather than American NPT. @John Staton recently completed a rear heat delete setup on his truck. Thread can be seen here. He was deleting the rear heat setup I think on his but includes some information on a hose fitting he used in the delete configuration. Might be able to find information in his thread about sizing to help with sourcing something aftermarket that might help you here. Check out post 16 in there for some possible tips on what could be used as a replacement for this part or tips on how to just bypass things here altogether if that was your intent. I don't know if this would help you or not but thought I would throw it out there. HTH.

Last edited:
Take a look at this thread. I replaced the part circled with a barb connector when I took out my rear heater. I live in TX and just saw no need for it and wanted the space under my passenger seat. By making it a straight barb you delete the loop that takes the AF to the rear heater. You also need to close the loop on the other side of the engine.

and for anyone looking the heater hose that goes from the valve up high on the firewall over to the head is NLA (toyota part# 87245A) but NAPA sells NAPA hose part # 9808. 9809 will fit also but is longer and may be a few bucks more but if they have it in stock buy it and cut the long straight end to fit.

and for anyone looking the heater hose that goes from the valve up high on the firewall over to the head is NLA (toyota part# 87245A) but NAPA sells NAPA hose part # 9808. 9809 will fit also but is longer and may be a few bucks more but if they have it in stock buy it and cut the long straight end to fit.

This is how I did it when I replaced mine. Worked great. GL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom