Horn location under the hood (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,

Can anyone tell me where the horn location should be under the hood? Should be a simple find but obviously not so simple for me. I tried the horn fix at the steering wheel with the .22 casing but it did not work. I went to test the fuse and it is fine. Then went to test the horn and can't even find the horn. Any help is appreciated.

Rudy

There’s two of them: a Low Tone and a High Tone. They’re black. Bolted next to the headlights on outside of radiator support.

1459F643-5C0E-4142-9105-25F860D3EC77.png

I am assuming it used to be in this location. Does anyone have a picture to confirm where it used to be? More importantly, I am looking for the horn wire from the steering wheel to connect to a replacement horn.

Thanks.

IMG_4302.jpg

I am assuming it used to be in this location. Does anyone have a picture to confirm where it used to be? More importantly, I am looking for the horn wire from the steering wheel to connect to a replacement horn.

Thanks.

View attachment 3492042
Just kicking this up. If anyone can help me find the location of the factory horn. My horn is gone and I am looking to install an aftermarket horn but need to find the factor horn wire or horn relay. Pictures appreciated. Thanks!

One just below the prop rod base and on the other side it’s about center battery. Both have large white connectors.

IMG_4891.jpeg

Just kicking this up. If anyone can help me find the location of the factory horn. My horn is gone and I am looking to install an aftermarket horn but need to find the factor horn wire or horn relay. Pictures appreciated. Thanks!
OEM Stock Driver and Passenger Sides; on an 89 FJ62

thumbnail_IMG_4977.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4978.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4979.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4980.jpg

horns are negatively switched. The Green/orange wire is the hot wire coming from the fuse and the other green wire at the horns sends ground signal to the steering column once the horn switch closes the circuit. Interestingly mine would only work with BOTH horns connected. The hot wire coming off the circuit before the horns goes to the hazard switch. If your hazard switch isn't working you may want to start by checking the hazard/horn fuse first.

1701635660275.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom