I would buy this if they would (or could) sell it (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

WarDamnEagle

SILVER Star
Threads
SEMA 2008: Toyota's truck trio is 3x cooler than modded Venzas

No. Not the orange one. The creme Tacoma concept with the 80's retro stripes.

Actually, I really would buy some of the interior fabric that they used. I would reupholster my 4Runner seats with it. Apparently it's some 20+ year old Recaro fabric that the concept team found in their warehouse.

Too cool!

I was googling "Toyota OEM fabric" when I ran across that link. Apologies if it's a repost.
13_tacoma_truck_concept_250op.jpg
20tacomatruckconcept662xl1.jpg
22tacomatruckconcept668li2.jpg

Even the carpet in that truck rocked.

70 series axles, offset transfer case.

Very custom (slightly hack) job, but the visual details (like the interior and paint) were awesome.

I have more pics somewhere on my computer of it....

You're not the only one admiring it. The front nerf bad shows some possible promise and the overall image and styling were really executed well. Solid axles, front's out of a LC, etc...beddddyyyy nooiiiccceee!

The T.O.R.P.'s even nicer and has IRS, vented fenders, etc. for a possible Baja toy it could be done a little beefier and taken out on strafing runs. :D

FWIW I know someone who's seriously looked at this for their 2nd gen Runner, Sequoia or Diamond Rear and Solid front. Both would give a wider and more stable tracking pattern. :D Toyota needs to stop playing w/ the beefed up SEMA rigs and actually consider using some of their environmental impact credits to make some of these "Toy-Toys" come to production.

Saw that posted awhile ago. If they would sell a truck setup like that, I'd be the first person standing in the dealer showroom ordering one.

yea, that truck absolutley rocked. has anyone seen any pics of the suspension and drivetrain?

Saw that posted awhile ago. If they would sell a truck setup like that, I'd be the first person standing in the dealer showroom ordering one.

..and I'd be the first kicking your shins while cutting in front. :D :p

I really liked the pale green short bed extended cab tacoma they displayed. That is the Tacoma I wish Toyota made. Lift it, armor it, it would be a cool looking Tacoma.

I like that recaro fabric, but not the leather sides or the poo brown interior... I wish they used a dark brown or charcoal black fabric for the seat sides/head rest... it'll have a nicer contrast with even a poo brown interior

I've thought about an 80 series axle swap on my '80 longbed if I ever find one cheap. Low ride height, good ride quality, all Toyota!

They captured the tasteless bland ugly patterns of the 80s perfectly.

Poor tacoma. That thing is buttass ugly.

It has a sweet ghetto bumper guard too.

I heard it was built for a movie. I think it was for "Back to the Future #6"

Poor ol Marty. :doh:

They captured the tasteless bland ugly patterns of the 80s perfectly.

Poor tacoma. That thing is buttass ugly.

It has a sweet ghetto bumper guard too.

I heard it was built for a movie. I think it was for "Back to the Future #6"

Poor ol Marty. :doh:

:lol: To each their own, I liked it and if the fabric was available and the vehicle came in a decent spec people would still line up to buy it. Also someone's likely built it since I know the black graphite fabric's also available in that shade of brown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom