I think my transfer case idler shaft is trashed... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I have been rebuilding my transfer case (much thanks to Coolerman and Poser posts/advice), and I saw where the idler shaft is pretty beat up. The PO's solution was to use a bungee cord and pull the transfer case selector lever against the transmission shifter. He knew it was bearing noise, but he thought this was a viable solution. :bang:

At this point, what are my options? Can I purchase a new idler shaft, and if so, where?

I've done a little searching, but I haven't found too many results/solutions.

thanks,
--jeff
DSC_0684.jpg
DSC_0685.jpg

Spector may have one. Possibly Toyota too.

Most transfer case re-build kits available from the various Mud vendors come with a new idler shaft, of hit up CDan for the special Mud hookup;)

Last edited:
Had I known I could have possibly needed an idler shaft, I would have ordered it with my rebuild kit. :eek:

I got the wrong kit and have a new 38mm idler shaft and thrust washers. Application is H41/H42/H55F/A440F 4/86 - 1/90. Send me a PM if you're interested.

I order every damn part that is still available when I rebuild them. No sense in doing a half ass job. Especially considering it's a pain in the ass putting the on and off with one person.

FJ60Seth: PM Sent.

Trollhole: expensive, frustrating lesson learned.

FJ60Seth: PM Sent.

Trollhole: expensive, frustrating lesson learned.

My first t-case rebuild I did I dropped a bolt in the t-case accidentally and buttond the case up. Got about a mile before that bolt decided it wanted to be outside.

Wow...I have not done that but I have put it all togeather and then noticed one piece laying on the ground that should be in there. MIke

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom