I there any way to get a new greyish-blue dash pad (95-97)? Oak color seems to still be made (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
grayish-blue part number/sku 55401-60150-B0

oak

Buy the grey one and paint/dye it👍

I also have gray and parts are tough to find.
It’s such a freaking bummer. There’s a ton of parts where they make them in oak but not grey. Even if they did limited runs every once and awhile would alleviate the problem quite a bit.

It’s such a freaking bummer. There’s a ton of parts where they make them in oak but not grey. Even if they did limited runs every once and awhile would alleviate the problem quite a bit.

How many automakers re-issue color-coded interior plastic trim a quarter century after they built the last vehicle that used it?

How many automakers re-issue color-coded interior plastic trim a quarter century after they built the last vehicle that used it?
Good point, but they still make the Oak colored dash pad as far as I can tell, plus they did exactly that with the MR2 I think? I remember hearing Toyota decided to bring some tooling out of retirement for it. Also I still am impressed with how many other parts are still available.

Good point, but they still make the Oak colored dash pad as far as I can tell, plus they did exactly that with the MR2 I think? I.

They actually don't make them any more. There just happens to be some stock left.

They actually don't make them any more. There just happens to be some stock left.
Stop crushing my dreams that a car company would indefinitely make ever single part forever haha. Man it would be cool if that was a thing, imagine getting to order every single part and assembling it yourself

Stop crushing my dreams that a car company would indefinitely make ever single part forever haha. Man it would be cool if that was a thing, imagine getting to order every single part and assembling it yourself

I'm not sure I'd do that myself but, I can assure you that I would LOVE to be on the other side of the counter writing that invoice.:grinpimp:

It's an expensive part, but I just know its going to crack one day and I'll regret not buying one while they're still available.
Exactly. Where I am though if they’re covered they last an extremely long time. This one came from a hotter place so it’s already cracking :(. I may buy a oak one and see about staining it? Or something along those lines

Interior plastics have been painted to match for decades. Most of the GM replacement trim I sold in the late 80s was "paint-to-match" from the get-go.

Just watched Jay Leon’s garage the other day and he featured a company that rebuilds classic dashes. They are all made in the same colour (black) then painted. The owner/son also said all new dashes are made the same way.

Just watched Jay Leon’s garage the other day and he featured a company that rebuilds classic dashes. They are all made in the same colour (black) then painted. The owner/son also said all new dashes are made the same way.
Got a name?

Ooh got a link by any chance?

I'm not sure I'd do that myself but, I can assure you that I would LOVE to be on the other side of the counter writing that invoice.:grinpimp:

Just out of curiosity if someone were to walk in and tell you that they needed a lot of parts for a 25 year old vehicle "refresh" would you provide a discount and if so what would be a reasonable one?

Asking for...me.

Just out of curiosity if someone were to walk in and tell you that they needed a lot of parts for a 25 year old vehicle "refresh" would you provide a discount and if so what would be a reasonable one?

Asking for...me.

I would of... you are 6 and a half years late however. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom