For Sale I need your help! $19K No Way!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That's pretty nice... How was the test drive?

Woah, i just looked at the rest of the pictures... I was in love until i looked up at her from underneath...

crack price - not mint, not worth $19k

Hard to opine, cause it is a cool and clean truck. Is it 19K clean? I don't think so. For that kind of money I would expect no obvious simple detail to show at first glance (e.g., lugs showing rust, wheels showing some corrosion and need of a polish, shift knob worn out, engine not spotless, etc.). All those are minor things, but not those you expect when talking that kind of money. Also, for that amount you would need to get a truck that has documented maintenance and that you will not need to do any major maintenance/repairs in years to come. You've seen it in person...if you are in doubt, offer what you really think it is worth...they will say no, you walk away...they will call later if your price is reasonable.

Too much money for the condition. This one has been for sale for quite a while now.

Hard to opine, cause it is a cool and clean truck. Is it 19K clean? I don't think so. For that kind of money I would expect no obvious simple detail to show at first glance (e.g., lugs showing rust, wheels showing some corrosion and need of a polish, shift knob worn out, engine not spotless, etc.). All those are minor things, but not those you expect when talking that kind of money. Also, for that amount you would need to get a truck that has documented maintenance and that you will not need to do any major maintenance/repairs in years to come. You've seen it in person...if you are in doubt, offer what you really think it is worth...they will say no, you walk away...they will call later if your price is reasonable.

Thanks PFM - It has some issues like rear door locks/handle not working, dome lights not working when doors open (not a big deal) but the way he literally beat it up during our test drive gave me the heebie jeebiez - driving up curbs taking it through a water basin all at high speeds (aparently he is a european race car driver...)

buy an obvious beater for $5k and put $14k into it and you'll have a solid rig. You're going to sink $10k into anything you buy regardless

I love the standard used car lot paint job on the frame. They didn't even bother to clean to the dirt off...

Does that ever fool anyone?!?!

For $19K I’d want more. I suspect more rust than meets the eye too.

I'd pass on that truck. It looks like it's had a cheap paint job, and is otherwise not meticulously maintained. Way overpriced.

This front seat re-upholstery job looks awful. It doesn't match the rear seats.
20171027114000_859145653.jpg

Rear_seats.jpg

What's up with this fender? Why aren't the flares painted?
bad_paint.jpg

What the hell is going on with the hatch? Did they just pull off the rear wing and not fill the holes?
rear_hatch.jpg

This ladder mount looks like crap. They just drilled some holes in the hatch and slapped it on there.
Ladder_mount.jpg

In case the other responses haven't 100% convinced you, that's not $19000 cruiser. With the rust and poorly done "upgrades" I would be surprised to see this bring more than $10k.

There are a lot of options out there that will give you more rig for less $$$.

As someone mentioned already, buy an 80 that needs some love, fix it up right, and you'll be set. Or find one that someone else has spent their time and money on (ideally a Mud member), buy it at a discount and tweak it as required.

There are several deals currently listed on this forum that I would be FAR more interested in buying at their asking price before I would pay even half of this $19k asking price....

Also, don't be afraid to travel for the right rig. You can usually find a local Mud member willing to put eyes on it for you, and you can have the seller take it to their local Toyota dealer for a pre-buy inspection for under $100. If all that checks out, hop on a plane and drive her home!

Hell I just bought mine nearly mint and I didn't pay that much. Would sell it now for that price! LOL

Not 19K, but let's not act like it's a beater or something.

It kills me seeing these slapped together rigs by low rent car lots. They polish a pig and put an astronomical price on it waiting for a buyer with money thinking he's getting the pick of the litter. I could pick that thing apart all day just from pictures. THE MOST EXPENSIVE TRUCK IS NOT THE BEST TRUCK!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom