I Just Bought A FJ45 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

^
Thanks. It has a F155 and I haven't had a chance to get the serial number off it yet to determine year. It would be great to have a diesel, but it is just the luck of the draw, I guess.

Once I do more cleaning up on the truck, I will post more pics. Still waiting for the brake line to see how they work. I have also ordered a few more parts needed. It should not take too long to get this beast on the road and I am looking forward to taking it out.

Last edited:
Thanks. Even though it is not the stock color, it does give it more of a vintage look and I think it should make the truck appear a little more era correct.

I do like the FJs that are painted the stock solar red color as well.

engine # should be stamped on the VIN plate

how is the body/tub under the diamond plate?

^
Thanks. It has a F155 and I haven't had a chance to get the serial number off it yet to determine year. It would be great to have a diesel, but it is just a luck of the draw, I guess.

Once I do more cleaning up on the truck, I will post more pics. Still waiting for the brake line to see how they work. I have also ordered a few more parts needed. It should not take too long to get this beast on the road and I am looking forward to taking it out.

There is no VIN plate on this vehicle, only the stamped number on the right side of the frame. There is a plate on the engine which is the one I have not looked at yet. I will take a look tomorrow and report what I find out.

I have also not looked at the tub condition under the diamond plate. I do know that this is often a quick fix when the tub has some cancer, but I will also look tomorrow when I go out to work on the truck.

Here is the truck I bought in an earlier life. I found this on the MUD site and another member placed it in one of the threads. It is nice to see what it looked like before I first saw it. I think the guy I got it from painted it an army green to hide the camo paint job.

It's funny that you say your intention was to clean it up and sell it. I had the same intention with my FJ40 in the summer of '91. I realized pretty quick that I was never going to sell it.

...via IH8MUD app

Ha! I bought my first 40 [Ruftoys] as a $750 basket case knowing that if I couldn't build it, it was worth more in parts than what I paid for it. Fixing it changed my life.

I thought I recognized your 45, it came from WA, the green non camo did confuse me.

Here is the truck I bought in an earlier life. I found this on the MUD site and another member placed it in one of the threads. It is nice to see what it looked like before I first saw it. I think the guy I got it from painted it an army green to hide the camo paint job.

WA via IL I thought...The first time it was out here was from some guy that was getting it for doing a roofing job or some story of the such and then he sold it to a guy that took it out west.

It was full of rust...

it was just a few months back that it was CL in WA for 5k-ish, it was camo still. So did someone buy it and paint it solid green? seems like this 45 gets around but does not stay in one place long

is it still in WA?

good job with the pressure washer

WA via IL I thought...The first time it was out here was from some guy that was getting it for doing a roofing job or some story of the such and then he sold it to a guy that took it out west.

It was full of rust...

Monitors, please take this thread off your site. It seems some of the members don't know how to play nice with others.

Monitors, please take this thread off your site. It seems some of the members don't know how to play nice with others.

Don't let it get to you. There's one in every thread. Most of the people on the forum are OK and very helpful.

I thought that this thread was going in a good direction.

@rickschoppers : Just ignore the turd in the pool. So what if you plan on selling it. This thread will give the next owner a history of the truck and what was done to address the issues before he/she buys it. There is value to the thread if you sell it or decide to keep it.

Stump, that was the intent of this thread whether I sell it or not. Trolls just get my goat sometimes and I didn't think this site would have any, but I guess I was wrong. I was hoping that members would give me their honest opinions on how to go about bringing this 45 back to a reasonable condition. There are some great examples on here of good work and many really seem to know what they are doing. I belong to several other sites, one being about living in Thailand and the Brits can be a little nasty sometime and you just have to come back at them, which is what I did this time.

My apologies for sounding a little miffed, but just tired of dealing with negativity.

Guess you are right esh. I should just ignore them, which is what I usually do unless they are particularly offensive.

Before I was so rudely interrupted, I had checked the engine number and the F155 appears to have come from a 1973 Toyota according to Specter's site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom