I got my dream !! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

I got my dream !!

I am now the proud owner of a 97 FZJ 80 with only 48700 miles, fully loaded and locked. :D

Since I am new to the board, I would like to greet everybody and say thank you for all the advices and information about the FZJ 80.

I do not think so that I will face any problems with my dream because of low mileage and no towing but if, then I know where to get advice.

In the next days I will take my dream into the bushes. I know he will not let me down. Maybe I will give up finally but not my car.

So I wish all of you a nice ride in your dreams and a lot of success in the woods.

Greetings,
Mike

Congrats, Now to start the mods.
Sean

[quote author=Asiarider link=board=2;threadid=6247;start=msg50212#msg50212 date=1066052989]
Hello,

I got my dream !!

I am now the proud owner of a 97 FZJ 80 with only 48700 miles, fully loaded and locked. :D

Since I am new to the board, I would like to greet everybody and say thank you for all the advices and information about the FZJ 80.

I do not think so that I will face any problems with my dream because of low mileage and no towing but if, then I know where to get advice.

In the next days I will take my dream into the bushes. I know he will not let me down. Maybe I will give up finally but not my car.

So I wish all of you a nice ride in your dreams and a lot of success in the woods.

Greetings,
Mike
[/quote]

Did you get the collectors edition or the limited? What did you pay for such a low mile rig if you don't mind me asking?

No not the collectors edition. Price? You better don't ask. But I really don't care because I wanted this truck very badly and I am so happy.

Mike :D

i know how ya feel,last year i started my search and found a 96 with 49500 miles(97's were outa my budget range)and i have been sooo happy ever since!!!!!

all my buds are still hearing bout that landcruiser thang!!!! not gonna stop blowing the ole horn bout the cruiser,no sir!!!!!

doug

Some modifications? Yes, but what is the best.

My rig has already the central lock switch, a ladder, spare tyre behind, front bumper with extra lights, rear bumper, roof rack and very important: my fridge inside :D

Maybe somebody can give me advice what I really should modify to make it somehow special !! Or more special as it is already.

Mike

Mike,
Post up some pics of your truck and tell us what's underneath. We'll think of something... you can bet on that.
-B-

Here a photo from the time I bought him.

More photos will follow soon. :D

Mike

What kind of front bar is that? I have never seen one like that before.

I think I want to get one... ::)

More photos !!

I really don't know what type it is. Maybe somebody knows?

Mike

What's first you ask? Get that brush bar off and slap an ARB on it! Then get OME'd and some new shoes.

and one more ... :D

Mike

My eyes, my eyes...and LOSE the tire cover! :slap: :D

seems like 'roo bustin' equipment to me...

oh, btw, another necessary mod: your detailer messed up for crying out loud (can't one trust anybody these days?) : switch that wheel back to the side where G** intended it to be... sheeesh..... <G>

E

[quote author=Hltoppr link=board=2;threadid=6247;start=msg50789#msg50789 date=1066153220]
Very cool rig. Nice to see some non-usa stuff.

-H-
[/quote]

Overseas gets all the cool stuff. The bar is probably a dealer option. I like the 2 tones.

The stuff hanging on that RHD beauty is indeed factory accessories for the Aisian market. Grille guard, ladder, tire cover lower rear bumper, ETC.

D-

C dan is it possible to get those ladders here in the states? Is the cost astronomical?

Also is that a mirror near the spare tire?

Yes, it is a mirror. With that thing I park my rig 10 mm close to a wall or other car.

There must be a way to ship a ladder to the States. Not to big and not to heavy. Here we have many of these toys to modify our rigs. Many of them direct from Toyota !! Incl. of curtains for the windows.

I will post a photo with curtain soon. (But not my truck !! :D)

Mike

[quote author=moralien link=board=2;threadid=6247;start=msg50830#msg50830 date=1066160684]
C dan is it possible to get those ladders here in the states? Is the cost astronomical?

Also is that a mirror near the spare tire?
[/quote]

I think SOR may have one of the ladders, not sure though.
D-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom