I broke one of the vacuum valves, HACV? , is there, a good replacement? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

caladin

Noob, but trying to learn
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
bz93.com
I was swapping my old vacuum lines for fresh and snapped one of the plastic nipples off what I think is my HACV, high altitude compensator valve.

I checked on mega zip to Id it, pretty sure it's th HACV, and it shows discontinued.

US there a later valve I can replace it with?or am I down to hunting a used one on the classified?

It snapped pretty easy, so if I can get one from newer plastic, that seems like a good idea.

You can see in the pic the nipple I snapped clean off

I bodged it together with a bit of 6mm tubing more to keep track of which hose goes where than with any hope of it actually working.

PXL_20231028_193402659.jpg

25709-61010 Valve Sub-Assy, High Altitude Compensator - HIGH ALTITUDE COMPENSATOR - [08.1980 - 08.1987]2F..FJ60..USA

25709-61010-U_02.jpg

the 22r pickup part appears available and looks pretty similar, it's just missing the hose on the bottom, which i read on another thread is open to atmosphere, is that an alternate?

Toyota 25709-38010 Valve Sub-Assy, High Altitude Compensator
25709-38010 Genuine Toyota Part - https://www.toyotapartsdeal.com/oem/toyota~valve~sub~assy~high~altitude~compensator~25709-38010.html

b7c850efec9869f56faa930938d21765.jpg

Last edited:

Yeah, but it's missing the pipe on the bottom, looks like it's the pickup one.

I read on a thread here to pipe on the bottom can be transferred From the fj60 to the pickup part. So that's not a deal breaker....

The number is hard to read on the ebay part, but it looks like it's 25709 - 38010 , which is the part number for the pickup Hac, not the fj60 in which case I'd rather get a new on from toyota, since mine was so brittle.

25709-38010 Genuine Toyota Part - https://www.toyotapartsdeal.com/oem/toyota~valve~sub~assy~high~altitude~compensator~25709-38010.html

The bottom cap of the HAC valve snaps off normally to allow access to the filter pad to clean it.
The bottom Vent pipe isn’t necessary. Normally a 12” long length of hose connects to it and is left dangling next to the fender. It’s the air intake for the valve.

While that eBay listing for the valve might be for a mini-truck (I didn’t check) they likely perform identically.
I’d snag it while it’s available cuz it’s going to disappear and you’ll be left with nothing.
New HAC valves aren’t available from Toyota anymore. I wouldn’t hold out trying to find one.
You’ll be lucky to get a used one.

The pickup version is the same, only the bottom cap is different, but interchangeable. Both are open to atmosphere on the bottom. Both have the small fiber air filter.

If there's one actually available, get it.

You might also try fixing the broken nipple using a wd40 spray tube and some JB weld. There's YouTube videos

Last edited:
Reactions: OSS
I was swapping my old vacuum lines for fresh and snapped one of the plastic nipples off what I think is my HACV, high altitude compensator valve.

I checked on mega zip to Id it, pretty sure it's th HACV, and it shows discontinued.

US there a later valve I can replace it with?or am I down to hunting a used one on the classified?

It snapped pretty easy, so if I can get one from newer plastic, that seems like a good idea.

You can see in the pic the nipple I snapped clean off

I bodged it together with a bit of 6mm tubing more to keep track of which hose goes where than with any hope of it actually working.

View attachment 3467068

25709-61010 Valve Sub-Assy, High Altitude Compensator - HIGH ALTITUDE COMPENSATOR - [08.1980 - 08.1987]2F..FJ60..USA

View attachment 3467093

the 22r pickup part appears available and looks pretty similar, it's just missing the hose on the bottom, which i read on another thread is open to atmosphere, is that an alternate?

Toyota 25709-38010 Valve Sub-Assy, High Altitude Compensator

View attachment 3467096
Send an email to Dave Stedman at Japan4x4, in Japan. He may be able to find a new one for you.

If you have the broken piece you can fix yours. Take a small piece of straw from a brake cleaner or wd40 type spray can and glue it into the hole on the part. Then glue the broken end I’ve the protruding straw and good to go. Like this pic

IMG_9858.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom