Wanted I am looking for a late Model FJ62 with sub 50,000 miles. Can you help me? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here's an 89, although its suspect:

EDIT: When I suggest this truck is 'suspect' I mean that a fellow member has information about this truck from dealings with it in the past. You can click the link above to find out what that information is. All I know about this vehicle is only what that link above will allow.

Last edited:

This is a classic move by flippers/brokers. They see something hot and then post Wanted ads trying to lure some rube into selling their pride and joy to them.

In other words, it's not some whacky coincedence that this Wanted ad pops up a couple hours after a $75K $80K bid is placed on BaT.

Last edited:
This is a classic move by flippers/brokers. They see something hot and then post Wanted ads trying to lure some rube into selling their pride and joy to them.

In other words, it's not some whacky coincedence that this Wanted ad pops up a couple hours after a $75K $80K bid is placed on BaT.

Looks like they got me. As always @ace10, thanks for looking out for the community.

I live about 15 min from where that BAT seller apparently is.

I am not a broker or dealer. I am a normal joe buyer. I am not associated with the car on BAT. The timing is purely coincidental.

Lolll

I know you're not associated with the Bat 62. You simply want to be the seller of the next one.

There are *maybe* 10 or 12 fj62s existing which meet the standard of the one on BaT. There are dozens of Mudders looking to buy one, especially if the owner doesn't know where the market currently stands.

I can’t believe the bids on that one above. Insane.

why is it suspect?

why is it suspect?

Just referring to the link I included in my post. I don't have any affiliation to this vehicle and don't know the particulars on its situation. Anything I know about it is just whats included in the link. Just passing it along.

the second post in this thread is from you, saying its suspect....then you say you have no affiliation or really any basis.

I wanted to know WHY it was suspect.

What's your play here? Is this your auction? I already told you why it was suspect, and told you where to see the reasons. Not sure how else I can explain it or what's got you turned around here. The link I posted is my basis. You are familiar with the thread I included in my post. You yourself posted to it asking the same questions about this same truck:

The previous threads on the truck and all the BaT comments seem to point to a legit Cruiser.

Or do you know something?
Expanding on my first post:
I did my research in 2017 and didn't find the story compelling. The seller was not very forthcoming, as he was a Land Rover flipper down in Birmingham and apparently had better things to do than sell a lowly Toyota. I spoke with people who knew this cruiser and knew its story. Nothing has really changed since then, except that maybe there's a bit more enthusiasm for the truck now.
I spoke with TLC, as well.

In the end, I couldn't convince myself that this truck was worth low $60s. One of the small things that I really got hung up on was the hole in the driver's floormat. Difficult to reconcile that with the 28K odo, and it's hard to unsee or forget something like that.

The current BaT seller is being incredibly transparent. He's showing the paint readings which clearly indicate paint work. He's taken hundred of photos. I think that there isn't much more discovery to be made. Assuming that the Reserve has been met, the next owner will have paid no less than $84K for this truck.

Would I trade my fully-restored, fully-sorted 62 for this one? Probably.
Would I trade my all-original, fully-sorted 115K mile you have60 that came with stacks of documentation for this one? Maybe.
Are there better ones out there than this one? I think there's close to a 100% chance, yes.

Has the underside been coated/rattle canned at some point? You be the judge.

If anyone would like to further discuss, simply PM me.

Bottom line: If you own a very nice 60/62 it's time for you to revisit your insurance situation. Sales like this one can drive stupid people to do really stupid things to other peoples' belongings.

So again, there is my basis. You seem to have accepted his answer. Why are you struggling to accept the same answer from me? So you now have the same information I do, the same information I included in my post, the same information I already pointed out to you, the same information I am again having to detail here, you know I am not the one who has had dealings with this truck, while the person who has offered for you to ask them directly about it. Why you continue to then ask someone who only knows as much about the truck as that thread would allow is frankly confusing. I was simply trying to connect buyer with seller, while pointing out there is some history to this truck they may want to know about before bidding, nothing more. That history as I (and you) know it is detailed above.

Would be great if you could stop the implication of deception from my post, and stop asking things you already know the answer to.

If you think what amounts to an $80K, 30+ yo tractor is legit in any reality, then by all means bid away. GL

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom