HZJ77 body roll (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You can move to poly bushings in the front sway bar that will help a tad bit, especially if your factory rubber bushings on the axle are mush. I'd take a look at your bushings

Obviously a rear sway bar will help, but it'll require some custom fab.

The other option that no one here has mentioned is a shock upgrade. You can tune out a lot of body roll with a shock that will allow for custom tuning. Higher rebound pushes weight to the opposite tire more quickly.

Even on these old leaf shrug rigs, high end shocks can make a huge difference. Really nice looking truck by the way :)

Thanks. The previous owner had just put new shocks Terain Tamer shocks on but they are not tunable. Also, although they are technically within spec with the lift they are stretched a little farther than I'd like. What shocks do you recommend? I will check those bushings, they might be the only bushings left that haven't been replaced.

ALSO: the steering is loose now, and the steering wheel is off center to the left by 1/8 of a turn. Was tight and straight before the new springs and new steering dampener...

Yea mine sways too more than other 4x4s I've driven, not too say something is wrong, just comes with the territory on these rigs. I've been thinking of trying out the currie antirock sway bar on the back, will require some custom fab though.

Thanks. The previous owner had just put new shocks Terain Tamer shocks on but they are not tunable. Also, although they are technically within spec with the lift they are stretched a little farther than I'd like. What shocks do you recommend? I will check those bushings, they might be the only bushings left that haven't been replaced.

ALSO: the steering is loose now, and the steering wheel is off center to the left by 1/8 of a turn. Was tight and straight before the new springs and new steering dampener...

Any high end shocks by Fox, Icon Vehicle Dynamics, King, etc will be customizable. You can call and talk to them and see if they have something off the shelf they would recommend, or just order the shocks with the dimensions you want then take them to a shop that services shocks and tell them what you want. Like I said, generally speaking rebound helps with handling. I have found that with generic big boy shocks you'll have slightly higher compression and lower rebound than you'll want.

Bushings can make a huge difference, check em.

Your steering wheel is crooked because your draglink wasn't adjusted after you put springs on it, which lifted it and pulled on the steering components. Mine is the same way, previous owner lifted it and didn't adjust. I'm going to straighten it out when my new steering stuff gets here. It's been driving me nuts for a year.

Well I got it figured out. The guy who installed my new OME shocks didn't put the shackles together right. They weren't assembled right and could not be toghtened down. So one front and one rear spring were sliding back and forth. All fixed now and ready for a 2500 mile road trip.

Well I got it figured out. The guy who installed my new OME shocks didn't put the shackles together right. They weren't assembled right and could not be toghtened down. So one front and one rear spring were sliding back and forth. All fixed now and ready for a 2500 mile road trip.

Good deal. You have to update your sig picture with your new rig!

What did you end up doing with your poor old Prado?

Icon shocks are not customable or rebuildable.

They have a universal shock they offer but when I called them about it, they don't list compressed or extended length on their site. So I called to get specs, the dude said, we don't and can't give out the specs. I was like, huh, what did you say!? You telling me you sell a universal shock but you can't tell a builder who is using them in a custom application what compressed and extended lengths are? He says, yup! Ok, bye bye buddy. LOL

Cheers

Good deal. You have to update your sig picture with your new rig!

What did you end up doing with your poor old Prado?
Sold it yesterday as is for 4500. Glad to have it in the hands of someone who can get it back on the road. Thanks for all of your help and advice through the years!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom