HuddExpo add a fuse block kit - thoughts? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LC4LIFE

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Hi Everyone,

I have had many requests to roll out a simple kit to add a fuse block to the main battery for the guys that prefer not to deal with the dual battery setup or that just want to get some more power into the cab. Here is the beginning. I will be offering a 3/8" thick HDPE panel cut that will install onto the brackets holding the ABS module at the drivers side kick panel. For now, this works with the 95-97 as I haven't had a chance to look at the other years. **update* will work for years 94-97.

I plan to offer the mounting panel, choice of two fuse blocks ( 6 and 12 circuit), 4awg cables for the main battery to the fuse block and a 100amp circuit breaker.

Nice thing about this, is that I am making the panel large enough soif you want to add some other small things at that location you can just drill it and mount it up.

I don't have pics of it in the truck yet, but here are some pics of the beginning. Let me know your thoughts or if I am missing something obvious.

addafuse.jpg
addafuse-2.jpg
addafuse-3.jpg

Last edited:
Dang....sexy! Hope this will work for a '94 as this is a product I could use to clean up the rats nest currently occupying my positive terminal :cheers:

Damn, that is hot. Curious though, I have dual batteries in the HDJ, would I need to use a circuit breaker?

Damn, that is hot. Curious though, I have dual batteries in the HDJ, would I need to use a circuit breaker?
I'd have to see how your wired up at the main battery. Depending on that, you may not need the circuit breaker.

It's factory dual batteries... 24 Volts for start, then 12 running

It's factory dual batteries... 24 Volts for start, then 12 running
I will have to review exactly how yours is connected and works, but from what I remember you will need to have the breaker at the drivers side battery.

Ok, with the circuit breaker, I connect one end to the positive terminal, and where does the other end go? Negative terminal?

It will go positive terminal on the battery to the circuit breaker, then circuit breaker to this fuse block. Your only running the positive side into the cab. You can then ground the added accessories near where you mount them or land them on a buss bar. I will have some grounding options coming, just not with this.

So. the circuit breaker connects into the secondary fuse block? What is a buss bar?

So. the circuit breaker connects into the secondary fuse block? What is a buss bar?

A buss bar is one way to land multiple grounds into one spot if you choose to do it that way. Given that most accessories are like usb charging ports, stereo amps, etc, you can normally ground somewhere close to that accessory without issue.

I figured out what a buss bar is... But, I would like to know where does the circuit breaker attach to, the other terminal?

I will get pics up of the install pretty soon. If it all works and mounts well, the breaker will mount to the battery tray or another spot near the battery. It needs to be very near the positive terminal in order to protect as much of the wire run as possible just in case something shorts. I haven't quite landed on the final spot though.

Reference for the 1993-1994 cool kids...
20190320_192131.jpg

I'm definitely interested in this.

My plastic guy said the panels should be done mid week next week. At first, I am making a run of ten with 1/4 textured abs in order to save some time and money, but may move to 3/8 once I see how the 1/4 works with the screws. The additional thickness might prevent anything sharp from sticking out the back. Panels will be pre-drilled for mounting either the 5028 six circuit, or the 5029 twelve circuit BlueSea fuse blocks.

I will be including the following.

Stainless hardware to mount the plastic panel to the abs module and brackets
Stainless hardware to mount the fuse blocks to the panel
Stainless hardware to mount the circuit breaker
The choice to include or not include a fuse block.
100 amp Bussman circuit breaker
4awg marine tinned cable terminated with marine terminals and protected with PET and adhesive backed heatshrink. There will be two of these one from the main battery to the circuit breaker and another from the circuit breaker to the new fuse block.
Variety of zip ties and velcro for attaching and cleaning up the install.

More to come.

So far, this is where I have landed on a plan for the circuit breaker mount. It mounts off the bolt holding down the throttle cable bracket to the charcoal canister. bracket. Plans are to have it keyed off the charcoal canister bracket so it won't twist and you will just reuse the throttle cable bolt. Plans are for powder coat black too. Good thing with this location is it is short, like 8in, to the main battery. Nice and close for good protection.

IMG_4506.JPG

Last edited:
Its a sweet set up but the bussman fuseblock I have in place of my cruise control hadles ALL auxillary lights, fridge etc etc its small waterproof and fuses and mini relays. and its 100 bucks.

Final tweaks and changes made. I moved to 1/4" thick ABS for the mounting plate and have decided to allow each person to order as little or as much from the kit as they like, essentially once you pick the mounting plate, you can just add from there. Options will include tinned marine cable, fuse or circuit breaker, six or twelve circuit fuse block and an option for the circuit breaker mounting plate. You can see the circuit breaker mounting plate mentioned earlier in the thread. Here are some pics of the mounting panel with the six circuit BlueSea fuse block mounted. Remember, just is just inside the drivers kick panel slightly above and to the left of the dead pedal. The mounting plate is pre-drilled to allow easy mounting inside the truck along with pre-drilled holes for both the six and twelve circuit fuse block. There are also two holes at the top allowing you to zip tie the wiring, securing it just after the fuse block. Stainless mounting hardware will be included.

The mounting plate is also very easy to drill and if you pilot it, mounting other things to it will be really easy. I like the idea of mounting relays and other things if you don't need the fuse panel there.

I will have it listed for order on the site early next week.

adafuskt.jpg
adafuskt-2.jpg
adafuskt-3.jpg
adafuskt-4.jpg
adafuskt-5.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom