How to ruin a perfectly good 80 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What @Broski said. 100%. I run the modded setup he describes too on my '94. Extra bonus: it is a clean mod and done right, raises everything so it is more tucked.

I like it!

Reminds me of a GMC envoy XUV but of course this is much better.

Happy New Year! Back with a few updates:

This thing needed some more style so I rolled the dice on some GCC style graphics from eBay (meant for a newer Prado). I love it!

IMG_9457.jpeg

IMG_9458.jpeg

Improvised sketchy flex test to test rear clearance. Add this to the reasons why I need to buy a forklift...

IMG_9779.jpeg

IMG_9780.jpeg

Full size spare on a steel wheel mounted to the Bellfab mount. Works great.

IMG_9778.jpeg

Nice, where did you buy them from? I was having a hard time tracking down a US distributor

Custom Wheel Outlet. Significantly cheaper than anywhere else so I was skeptical but they showed up fine.

Nice truck, ive been lurking on the thread for a little while.. i just noticed youre a georgia guy, where are you? Wanna do cool big rock stuff with some atlanta guys this year? Also, link to the graphics? A little gold might look good on my truck too

Love the look with those graphics. Can you please send the link? Been lurking on ebay for a while but haven't found anything like these

Nice truck, ive been lurking on the thread for a little while.. i just noticed youre a georgia guy, where are you? Wanna do cool big rock stuff with some atlanta guys this year? Also, link to the graphics? A little gold might look good on my truck too

I'm in Cumming and definitely down for a trip with y'all. Keep me posted once you have some details. Dropping link to the graphics below. Looking back, these are actually meant for a 5th gen 4Runner. The seller has many other options though (and they're cheap!)

Love the look with those graphics. Can you please send the link? Been lurking on ebay for a while but haven't found anything like these

I'm in Cumming and definitely down for a trip with y'all. Keep me posted once you have some details. Dropping link to the graphics below. Looking back, these are actually meant for a 5th gen 4Runner. The seller has many other options though (and they're cheap!)

Thanks for the link! Ill pm you and we can swap numbers, we have a group of cruisers and other toyotas that wheel around a bit. Its been real slow recently due to multiple projects, but its about to get going again. Also im setting up a LC group meet up in atlanta pretty soon, would love to have you there.

As expected, longer rear bumpstops were in order. Found some info here referencing a 70 series part number that was an inch longer and got some on the way. Turns out the bolt pattern is slightly different but opening up the holes did the trick. These will likely compress a bit more under real use but these should work well until I inevitably decide to fully tub the rear.

IMG_0391.jpeg

IMG_0397.jpeg

IMG_0394.jpeg

IMG_0398.jpeg

IMG_0368.jpeg

As expected, longer rear bumpstops were in order. Found some info here referencing a 70 series part number that was an inch longer and got some on the way. Turns out the bolt pattern is slightly different but opening up the holes did the trick. These will likely compress a bit more under real use but these should work well until I inevitably decide to fully tub the rear.

View attachment 3530056
Ideally you would space down the bump stops that are inside the spring the same amount. They are a progressive bump stop that are meant to soften the hard hits.
The way you have it now they don't even come into play. This is a very overlooked aspect of lifting a 80 !!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom