How to remove KDSS lean after lift...if KDSS valves are seized (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know...another KDSS thread...

I posed this question in another thread and it didn't get any responses. If it's a dumb question...sorry. If it's been beat to death...sorry. I could not find anything definitive. I'm just curious how to remove a lean after a lift is installed if the KDSS valves are seized and cannot be opened the requisite 3 turns? I understand why the valves should be opened when installing a lift/suspension. However, is there any other way to force the system to re-equalize somehow? Time? Take to dealer and have the system replaced (at a very steep cost)? Curious about these other means and methods that have been mentioned in other threads but not really described/discussed. I searched (and searched) looking for the answers but didn't stumble on the right thread or I didn't use the right search words.

I figure if this helps somebody, it was worth asking. From what I've been reading, there doesn't seem to be any other way to get rid of the lean after a lift is installed besides opening the KDSS valves and allowing the system to equalize.

Additionally, is a KDSS lean guaranteed to be present after a lift is installed or is it hit or miss? I saw where someone was able to install a lift without a lean post-installation. Are there any tricks out there to prevent the lean during installation of a lift?

My apologies if these are dumb questions. However I've read a ton and searched a ton and couldn't find definitive answers to any of these questions. Thanks in advance.

Guy

Probably a lack of responses because there may be no real answer. You can install a lift w/out opening KDSS, it may be more difficult but doable as others have. As far as equalizing, you may not even need to. If you do though, there's really no way unless you can get your valves open.

Probably a lack of responses because there may be no real answer. You can install a lift w/out opening KDSS, it may be more difficult but doable as others have. As far as equalizing, you may not even need to. If you do though, there's really no way unless you can get your valves open.

Yeah like you said, might not be an answer. I thought that to. Sounds like a roll of the dice if one attempts this with frozen valves. Systems are usually redundant though. Hard to believe this one, as critical as it is, isn't somehow engineered to be redundant.

All I can offer is an educated guess:

Based on accounts of others, and some personal experience, the LC with KDSS will develop a "lean" if parked for an extended period of time on an uneven surface, e.g. sideways on an inclined driveway. It is said this lean will level out again if the vehicle is left parked on a flat surface, e.g. a perfectly level garage floor. Of course, this assume the vehicle was not leaning before being parked on an incline. I do not know if the same leveling would occur after a suspension installation is done, but might be possible.

If it were me, I'd try the perfectly level garage floor (or similar) to see if, over time, the lean diminished or went away. Another possibility might be to get the LC up on a lift with all four wheels hanging at full extension - over time the KDSS might equalize.

In any case, better than doing nothing.

HTH

I concur on the self correcting. After a day of flexing I noticed a 1 1'2" difference and planned to deal with it in the am but subsequently did a little "spirited" driving on curvy roads. To my amazement the next am the difference was down to less than 1/4" Go figure?

I can see where the system would likely eventually correct itself.

Curious how many folks here have been in this situation (frozen KDSS) and the remedy was to allow the system to correct itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom