How to pull the body with one guy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ginericLC

Wagon Wheeler!
Threads
I pulled the body on a rolled 94 I'm parting out this AM. I hate working from underneath and with the work I have to do this next week it made sense to do it. I hooked a chain through the Ebrake hole and through the gas tank inspection cover and used an engine lift. It worked fairly well. I need to get a star so I can post some pictures. Here is a link to one of the pictures.
http://www.nwcruisers.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1134926619/0#0
It was pretty easy to control on the engine lift. It is very tippy but with a push here and push there it wasn't too bad. Now the next step is to get it out of the garage. I think I will just invite a bunch of people over and we can lift it out and onto the trailer. A friend is going to make a half height trailer out of it. He will cut it right below the windows and weld in a bulkhead between the B pillars at the front of the back doors. Then he is going to build a hinged top.

Nice picture of your hat :). You should open a wrecking yard.

here's the pic

bodypull9480_002.jpg

If it was so freaking cold I'd cosider a wrecking yard. The environmental stuff is a lot of paperwork. As soon as I'm done the temps will rise. I'm trying to hurry as the sub freezing weather is driving me nuts.

There are some parts left, it is getting pretty picked over. I'm going to update the listing in the parts section one more time. Shoot me an email and I can tell you if I have what you need.

Do you have a locking differentials on 80 that you are parting out?

Yep! That is why I'm doing all of this is to get them for mine. It is a lot of work to get lockers. Next time, I'll remember to buy one with lockers. This is the second 80 I've bought without them. NEVER AGAIN!

Thats one hell of an undertaking for one person. It looks like your pushing that jack to the limits...

How do you find rolled 80s ?

I have been looking around for one and can't find any.

Anybody have any ideas ?

I'm in So Cal.

Should have called me bro and I would have run up there and helped you. You're in MH right? Let me know when you're going on another run. It would be fun to tag along.

cabron said:
Thats one hell of an undertaking for one person. It looks like your pushing that jack to the limits...

I don't think the jack was stressed at all. I had it at 1500 lbs on the arm. It is adjustable. No doors, no interior and no glass. The body is much lighter than the drivetrain. I pulled the engine, tranny, and transfer case as one unit and that was a lot more weight. Later in the day I decided to roll it out of the garage and down the driveway. The jack wasn't stressed at all. It pushed fairly easily. I did it by myself so it couldn't have been too tough. As you can tell from the picture I'm not huge.

Next run I intend on going on is a snow run north of MH 15 miles or so Jan. 15th. I should be in Twin the 15th for the a BRC meeting on dealing with BLM lands. Should have the lockers in by then :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom