How do i bypass solenoids? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Simple question. I have a older M12000 that has 3 or more if i remember right large cables on the motor I think it was one black and two red. I know in a pinch you can bypass the controller and solenoids and hook jumper cables to the winch motor. Does anyone know exactly how i would hook it up to spool in and what i would do spool out? I know i could look at a diagram to figure it out but i bet someone here already knows. It would be nice to just write down this little "trick" as a note in my glove box just encase i ever need it on the trail. Always better to figure this stuff out now rather than during a stressful situation.

Here is a diagram. I think how it works is the power is sent from A to either of the two other connections
through the motor to direct direction for the motor.
Kind of like jumping a starter.

attachmentV9YG0EOE.jpg

I stole this text somewhere (and don't trust the original solenoid because they can stick and burn your car)

To test the motor, use the following procedure from WARN:
Warn Motor Testing Procedure
If you find yourself in a situation where your winch is clicking but it is not working, you may have a motor problem....or you may have a solenoid problem. The following procedure, from Warn, will help you determine the status of your winch motor.
1. Put the winch in freespool.

2. Disconnect the positive lead from the battery (leave the ground lead attached).

3. Label and disconnect the three cables that run from the control pack to the three posts on the motor.

4. Stamped next to the three posts on the motor will be "A", "F1" and "F2". Run a small jumper wire (5"-6" dead lead, 8 ga. will work just fine) from "A" to "F1" and put power from the battery (jumper cables work good) to "F2". The winch motor should run in one direction at this time.

5. Next, place the jumper wire from "A" to "F2" and put power from the battery to "F1". The winch motor should run in the opposite direction at this time.

If these steps are followed correctly and the motor runs in both directions, the motor is good.

(*Note: if you have a set of modern jumper cables that have side mount type clamp ends, you can use it to jump from F1 and F2 to A. Otherwise you're going to have to make or buy an 8 ga. short jumper. Note also that when you make the final connection you will get a BIG spark. I expected it and still was surprised.)

then made this with color wires:

file.php

opened solenoid:
file.php

file.php

All pdf and stuff from my warn 12000: hj60.freeforums.org • View topic - Warn M12000 winch PDF bumper, air & original jack

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom