How do i adjust the idle speed? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Recently bought my first car, a real neat HJ61 with the 12HT.

It seems like a fairly common problem, but my revs are at about 600 on startup. Makes the "romp,romp" noise and wants to stall. Also if I rev it and then let them drop, it comes really close to stalling.

I wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem and adjusted their idle? and also how they went about it?

First post so sorry if I've done something I shouldn't of.

Cheers

Recently bought my first car, a real neat HJ61 with the 12HT.

It seems like a fairly common problem, but my revs are at about 600 on startup. Makes the "romp,romp" noise and wants to stall. Also if I rev it and then let them drop, it comes really close to stalling.

I wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem and adjusted their idle? and also how they went about it?

First post so sorry if I've done something I shouldn't of.

Cheers
Man your timing is great. I just shot @roma042987 a text on this subject yesterday. He told me it was the throttle stop on the pump. I have not been home yet to check it out. He knows what to do and hopefully can respond to this thread and help us both out. A pic would be awesome :)

I'm not near the rig at the moment but here is the throttle stop. I took pictures of it a few days ago because I removed it for plating and wanted a good note of the orientation. Couldn't be simpler loosen the jam nut with a 10mm spanner and flat head screw driver to turn the stop as needed.

20170702_120237.jpg
20170627_204611.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom