How can I make ride little more comfy ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LX600. I think the 200 stock is very comfortable, but then again I have a bunch of solid front axle vehicles so anything IFS is better than that. But I did test drive an LX600 and it drives like a car. Great handling, no body roll, yet soaks up everything on the road.

Also, I would not trust a Firestone tech to diagnose a leaking shock.

LX600. I think the 200 stock is very comfortable, but then again I have a bunch of solid front axle vehicles so anything IFS is better than that. But I did test drive an LX600 and it drives like a car. Great handling, no body roll, yet soaks up everything on the road.

Also, I would not trust a Firestone tech to diagnose a leaking shock.
It probably feels better……but on paper, LX600 does NOT handle better than LX570 nor LC.

Knowing a little about a little, I would NOT trust the techs at Firestone to be able to accurately draw a tire, let alone diagnose anything wrong with your car with ANY degree of accuracy. There may be short timer techs who are good at Firestone, but I would bet they are exceedingly rare.

Moving on - go to a shop you trust to get a second opinion as described earlier.

Back to firestone: Please tell me they wanted to get you in a fresh set of Monroe's!!!

Do you have active height control in your Land Cruiser? If a mechanic thinks the shocks are leaking, it could be because the static pressures are out of whack. Adjusting these pressures as well as the proper tires, which it sounds like you already have would be big improvements. Lastly, I would say, if your seat foam is compressed, you could steam the foam or replace the foam to have a newer seating experience.
Thanks. LC does not have active height in the US market. LX does. How to steam the seat foam?

Knowing a little about a little, I would NOT trust the techs at Firestone to be able to accurately draw a tire, let alone diagnose anything wrong with your car with ANY degree of accuracy. There may be short timer techs who are good at Firestone, but I would bet they are exceedingly rare.

Moving on - go to a shop you trust to get a second opinion as described earlier.

Back to firestone: Please tell me they wanted to get you in a fresh set of Monroe's!!!
I do not remember what they were trying to sell me.. I simply refused whatever it was.

I will 100% disagree with you. I had a 2011 LC and now I have a LX600, the LX is better in every way (except the missing V8 sound.). Just my .02…..
Maybe. But on paper/track, it is not.

Motortrend test numbers. 2016 LC vs 2022 LX600.

LX600 Source: https://www.motortrend.com/news/2022-lexus-lx-600-suv-pros-cons-review/amp/

LC Source:

IMG_8858.png

IMG_8859.png

Last edited:
Lx570 vs Q7: Q7 has a harsh suspension in comparison, both highway and especially forest roads. It is a sportier suspension so you might enjoy it better comming from an A4 but if you're looking for comfort LX in comfort mode we'll delight you. I feel like seating on my sofa going 80 on concrete highway over expansion joints end stuff. I'm so spoiled.
I recommend you go and have a test drive just to see what we're talking about. Make sure you test comfort mode. One note: there is more body roll, but don't freak out, just trust it. Instead of grabbing the wheel stay relaxed in the seat alow your body to sink into the seat bolsters. The truck knows to keep control of that roll.

Lx570 vs Q7: Q7 has a harsh suspension in comparison, both highway and especially forest roads. It is a sportier suspension so you might enjoy it better comming from an A4 but if you're looking for comfort LX in comfort mode we'll delight you. I feel like seating on my sofa going 80 on concrete highway over expansion joints end stuff. I'm so spoiled.
I recommend you go and have a test drive just to see what we're talking about. Make sure you test comfort mode. One note: there is more body roll, but don't freak out, just trust it. Instead of grabbing the wheel stay relaxed in the seat alow your body to sink into the seat bolsters. The truck knows to keep control of that roll.
I guess that it depends on year of Q7 and if it has air suspension, but…

“Now with no family to complain about any heavy-handed driving, I whipped the new Q7 through the mountains with alacrity usually reserved for something much more capable, though without any of the harsher downsides. Even over broken pavement and the occasional minor rockslide, the ride remained butter-smooth, dampening any jiggles and jutters before they reached the interior occupants.”

And according to this older model test of a 2017 Q7, it is a far better performer on-road than any LC200 (as one would expect).

IMG_8860.png

How does the ride quality compare?
Much more plush, handles corners without (or very w/limited body roll), longer trips are a breeze because the seats are 100 x better, super quiet inside the cabin with zero road noise, even in super windy conditions from the side there seemed to be a lot less movement in the truck. I absolutely loved my 2011 BUT it only took a couple of days in the LX to forget the LC. I’m not taking anything away from the LC because it’s perfect in its own right, I just feel the LX is far superior.

I am pretty sure a Q7 will run circles around ANY LC200 variant.
In fairness I last drove one not long after the 200 was released, so I can’t speak to the current Q7, but the one I drove handled great on road but the LC would run circles around it off-road. Performance street tires on the Q7 probably don’t help that. Also the LC had far more usable space for gear and family travel, and more towing capacity. So it really depends on your use case

In fairness I last drove one not long after the 200 was released, so I can’t speak to the current Q7, but the one I drove handled great on road but the LC would run circles around it off-road. Performance street tires on the Q7 probably don’t help that. Also the LC had far more usable space for gear and family travel, and more towing capacity. So it really depends on your use case
Oh yeah, Q7 has the off-road capability of a Honda CRV. But yeah, on-road, Q7 is pretty much a perfect vehicle…as noted by its popularity among soccer moms. (One fault that i do hear from soccer moms is the lack of AC vents in the 3rd row…inexcusable for an expensive luxury SUV.)

The handling is yes better than lc/lx but OP was asking for comfort improvements not for better handling and less comfort. Maybe the newer Q7 are comfortable. But with the LX, even 10 years old, I have no need to find out.
BTW if I want best on road experience there are far better options than either a 200, 300,or any Audi SUV.
Just get your priorities straight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom