I need a baseline LX570 ride report (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

They are a load C. Been running 33 psi, but with the drop in temp this weekend I got in and they were all showing 30.
Well that definitely should not be contributing to a harsh ride. I'd say you've got some air in the system, bum fluid or some other problem keeping it from performing right. With the age and mileage, I doubt your globes are shot.

If you want to schlep up to Arvada, you're welcome to test drive mine for a comparison. Mine has 160k miles and is nowhere near peak condition, but still rides pretty nice and I can feel the handling sharpen up when I put it in sport. I pretty much never use comfort.

Thanks everyone for the input! Truck is at the dealer and they are gonna do a scan for codes and check calibration on the AHC system. I’ll report back any findings. Service manager rode with me for a bit and said it didn’t feel overly harsh to him, but he wanted to do a scan anyway.

Thanks everyone for the input! Truck is at the dealer and they are gonna do a scan for codes and check calibration on the AHC system. I’ll report back any findings. Service manager rode with me for a bit and said it didn’t feel overly harsh to him, but he wanted to do a scan anyway.
Are you in Castle Rock? I just noticed that on your profile. I'm in Castle Rock as well. You're welcome to compare to my truck if you'd like. Though I've been fighting a slight wheel vibration at highway speeds currently so you'll have to ignore that.

Tell that service manager to pound sand. A properly functioning system should be very plush in "comfort" - I'm on E-rated 34s with OE 20s at 35psi and all the city potholes/bridge abutments/manholes are a complete non-issue - arm on armrest, coffee in hand, nothing will spill. Turn it to "sport" over the same roads and it's downright unenjoyable...coffee will be leaving said cup...my leaf sprung trail truck is literally more comfortable.

Are you sensor lifted and if so how much? What wheel are you running and offset? What other signficant modifications do you have?

Some of this can be due to contributing factors related to suspension geometry due to lift and larger tires. Exacerbating some of the traits of body on frame.

In regards to damping adjustments, if you were to watch the damping adjustments by the system via OBD-II, there is only slight tailoring in straight ahead. On a smooth road, it may not make much different. Once getting into rougher roads or dynamic conditions, the system will tighten up pretty dramatically in the higher normal and sports mods.

Are you sensor lifted and if so how much? What wheel are you running and offset? What other signficant modifications do you have?

Some of this can be due to contributing factors related to suspension geometry due to lift and larger tires. Exacerbating some of the traits of body on frame.

In regards to damping adjustments, if you were to watch the damping adjustments by the system via OBD-II, there is only slight tailoring in straight ahead. On a smooth road, it may not make much different. Once getting into rougher roads or dynamic conditions, the system will tighten up pretty dramatically in the higher normal and sports mods.
Yes I am sensor lifted, but not much. I’m not exactly sure how much, I had mainline overland do the sensor lift when they put on the wheels and tires. The wheels are 17 inch evo corse dakars.

Are you in Castle Rock? I just noticed that on your profile. I'm in Castle Rock as well. You're welcome to compare to my truck if you'd like. Though I've been fighting a slight wheel vibration at highway speeds currently so you'll have to ignore that.
I am! Thanks for the offer! Still waiting to see what the dealership says and I’ll get back to you.

Yes I am sensor lifted, but not much. I’m not exactly sure how much, I had mainline overland do the sensor lift when they put on the wheels and tires. The wheels are 17 inch evo corse dakars.

Wheel offset?

Great offset.

The rig seems well setup and I can't find an obvious fault with what's been done. Could very well be the nature of the body on frame rig with larger tires. Would be hard to diagnose an actual issue from afar. AHC is pretty robust and at your mileage, I generally wouldn't worry about anything.

There's always a remote chance you did experience a prematurely failed accumulator. If a system flush doesn't get you the ride quality you expect back, it wouldn't be the worse thing to toss a new set of accumulators on her, especially as they can be had for rather cheap direct from Japan via several sellers on Ebay.

Haven’t picked it up yet from the dealer but they finished their scan and said that it wasn’t throwing any codes and what they called a “health scan” came back clean. None of my shocks are leaking etc. I’m tending to lean towards me just overthinking it.

Thanks as always for the informative replies. Couple pics of my 2 rigs. Got to get a side by side photo eventually
IMG_6213.jpeg
IMG_6210.jpeg
IMG_1494.jpeg
IMG_4716.jpeg

Find a good curve, on the road or an on ramp or similar. You should absolutely be able to tell the difference between the 3 settings based on the speed you can do that curve. I would say there is a good 10mph difference between comfort and sport in what feels controlled and comfortable going through a good curve at speed. Mine is an 09 with 128K on it (one fluid change 40K miles ago). Also I can really tell the difference when towing a travel trailer.

I find the ride is quite refined. I noticed if I drive 5-10 mph faster at city speeds, then I feel like I am being thrown around noticeably more.
If you drive a bit slower it's very calm, the big tires rolls over the cracks easily, almost not exciting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom