For Sale Houston, TX 1965 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
rgb(0, 208, 255)
Greetings all,
Long time lurker, first time poster.
Sadly, my first post is to sell my 1965 FJ 40. I'm asking $25,000.
I'm posting here first before Craigslist or FB Marketplace. This site has been a wealth of knowledge to me.
Here are the details:
I live in Houston, but the FJ is here in Katy where I work
This FJ was professionally restored (frame off) by Wimberly 4x4
No rust - no re-welds or body work.
Street legal with current inspection (3/22)
New oil change, New radiator flush and refill

I’m the third owner
Two different hunters in West Texas - barn kept
Me - I have the clean “blue” title

3,391 Total Miles since restoration

Upgrades
Tried to keep it as original as possible, with an eye on making it a weekly driver.
Repainted in original Horizon Blue color
F engine swapped to 2F
The 3 speed on the column was replaced with a 4 speed on the floor (easily cruises the toll roads at 75 mph)
4-wheel drive upgraded
Four core radiator installed vs standard Three core
Front disk brakes
Seats are recovered in the same material used in Humvees.
New seatbelts
Soft top with soft doors - Re-stitched, New zippers

Extras
Extra parts
Manuals
Car cover

IMG_3731.jpg

IMG_3738.JPG

IMG_3750.JPG

IMG_3782.JPG

IMG_3741.JPG

Well...I can't seem to find a way to correct my original post, so let me try this.
The statement in the original thread "No rust - no re-welds or body work." Should read, "This cruiser's tub, etc. does not suffer from rust through that is seen in so many other vehicles. Thus there were no panels or sections cut off/removed and re-weld repairs made. The tub, fenders, and hood are all original. However the cruiser will have a bit of surface rust in some places."

Well...I can't seem to find a way to correct my original post, so let me try this.
The statement in the original thread "No rust - no re-welds or body work." Should read, "This cruiser's tub, etc. does not suffer from rust through that is seen in so many other vehicles. Thus there were no panels or sections cut off/removed and re-weld repairs made. The tub, fenders, and hood are all original. However the cruiser will have a bit of surface rust in some places."
I already like your style. It seems well represented.

When was it actually restored and do you have paperwork on it?
I purchased it in 2006 and drove it for a time in the condition in which I purchased it. However, I wanted to have it redone, and I had to save up before I could pay for the repairs. Then over the course of 18 months, I paid in installments to have the work done. I was a poor college student at the time. The work was completed in May of 2012. I've done some other minor things to it since then, but the majority had been completed. As for documentation, I have some purchase receipts from Wimberly 4x4 outlining the repair/rework done to it. I can send additional photos if you like.

IMG_0702.jpg

IMG_0703.jpg

IMG_0704.jpg

IMG00771.jpg

P1010678.JPG

I purchased it in 2006 and drove it for a time in the condition in which I purchased it. However, I wanted to have it redone, and I had to save up before I could pay for the repairs. Then over the course of 18 months, I paid in installments to have the work done. I was a poor college student at the time. The work was completed in May of 2012. I've done some other minor things to it since then, but the majority had been completed. As for documentation, I have some purchase receipts from Wimberly 4x4 outlining the repair/rework done to it. I can send additional photos if you like.

View attachment 2731924

View attachment 2731925

View attachment 2731926

View attachment 2731927

View attachment 2731928
Sold! Thanks for looking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom