Hood Risers for heat venting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Recently installed a supercharger and moved to North Carolina a few months ago. Knowing that the engine bay will get hot, and the summers here are hot and muggy, to proactive, I bought the risers.

I paint everything and painted these, but unnecessary because @Outsane offers different colors and they are not seen when the hood is closed.

20210228_202403.jpg

Solid product. I will install during summers, and store in the winter.

The hinges would hold in a front end collision. The hood would crumple as designed and not be sent trough the windshield. This is a really good design simple!
I hope your not speaking through experience.

Just installed these hood risers to assist with heat extraction from under the hood since I recently installed a supercharger.

Yes it is a one person job, but my hood struts are only a few years old. When I first installed, the struts were pulling the hood forward and it wouldn't latch down when closing the hood.

After removing a strut install spacer, then re-install strut (then do the other side). It was a lot easier.

20210305_163724.jpg
20210305_175618.jpg
20210305_175633_HDR.jpg
20210305_175648.jpg
20210305_175740.jpg

So has anyone seen lower IAT temperatures or noticed any cooling benefits?

Anecdotally, my AC seems to have worked better. Take this with a grain of salt as I did absolutely no before/after testing. Just going off what it "feels" like on hot days in traffic when my AC used to struggle. Now it seems a bit better. I'm happy I did it and will just be leaving the risers in year-round. HTH!

As a kid I got into Datsun's because I could get them at the junkyard pretty cheap. I lived in Vegas and I remember whenever i'd see the needle creeping i'd pop the hood (opens backwards) and when i'd drive i'd see the temps go down. So this is a great idea man! I might have to pick up a set just for summers and my longer solo trips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom