Hood Prop Rod Clip STL (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,
Attached is a STL file for the hood rod prop clip. I printed and tested the clip in various orientations. In terms of strength, I had the best luck printing in the two orientations shown below. Pictured below was printed at 100% infill and .3mm extrusion "draft" settings. I plan on reprinting at .05mm layer thickness in the future..

IMG_7744.jpg

IMG_7742.jpg

Print orientation.jpg

Attachments

• fj60_prop_rod_clip.stl
    796 KB · Views: 27
FYI these are still available from Toyota, part number 53452-90351.

Thanks! I’m hoping to create a library of printable cruiser parts to share.
Personally I would just buy one from Toyota because they’re less than $5. Is your aim to preserve these for posterity for when parts are discontinued though? Because that’s a hell of a noble cause.

Personally I would just buy one from Toyota because they’re less than $5. Is your aim to preserve these for posterity for when parts are discontinued though? Because that’s a hell of a noble cause.
Ha! …mostly for anyone who wants something quickly without having to pay for shipping.

Is it a better choice? Probably not. Do people like using stuff they print? Yes!

Good point though, I will have the CAD files for reproduction if something becomes NLA.

I don't mean to step on anyone's tootsies who's trying to make parts available for these trucks, and it would be a great added resource, but you can buy a bag of these things for cheap, from Auveco, the supplier. They have them in black, too.

I agree with this, if the CAD exists when stuff goes NLA, someone can 3D print it or do short runs of injection molding
“Short runs of injection molding” … I’ve looked into injection molding some things and nobody is willing to continue the conversation if I can’t flash $15k. I have a day job and do parts on the side (it takes the majority of my free time now), so that’s a move I can’t make. That’s why I like molding & casting so much, it’s quality and it’s scalable. I’m all ears if there are alternatives though.

@ChaserFJ60 has been tinkering with some home/DIY setups and I find that pretty intriguing.

This is great! Thank you for sharing!Open to requests

“Short runs of injection molding” … I’ve looked into injection molding some things and nobody is willing to continue the conversation if I can’t flash $15k. I have a day job and do parts on the side (it takes the majority of my free time now), so that’s a move I can’t make. That’s why I like molding & casting so much, it’s quality and it’s scalable. I’m all ears if there are alternatives though.

@ChaserFJ60 has been tinkering with some home/DIY setups and I find that pretty intriguing.
Whatever the manufacturing method is, we won’t be able to preserve NLA parts if there isn’t a CAD file out there.
I agree with this, if the CAD exists when stuff goes NLA, someone can 3D print it or do short runs of injection molding
yep. Open to requests for CAD models. Otherwise I will probably make them as my ‘60 requires!!

Whatever the manufacturing method is, we won’t be able to preserve NLA parts if there isn’t a CAD file out there.
I mean, that was done with molding and die making up until very recently, and still can be, but CAD and 3D printing are certainly great tools too.

I mean, that was done with molding and die making up until very recently, and still can be, but CAD and 3D printing are certainly great tools too.

yep. Open to requests for CAD models. Otherwise I will probably make them as my ‘60 requires!!
e
I have over 200

I have over 200 on the shelf from impex. 1.21 each a couple years ago.

1.36 now.

But cool project regardless.
This is great! Thank you for sharing!
I don't mean to step on anyone's tootsies who's trying to make parts available for these trucks, and it would be a great added resource, but you can buy a bag of these things for cheap, from Auveco, the supplier. They have them in black, too.

best material for the print? PLA, ABS, TPU?

There is always the Toyota Genuine Japan Spec. Parts 2 Piece Kit Form Version too .... :cool: :wrench: :wrench: :wrench: :wrench: :wrench:

= my only comment question and a valid sorta concern type thingy ....is

- the
3-D media used to dial these out , is it a Top Shelf A+ UV Rated stuff ?
this matters greatly on that prop keeper clip

- it should be clearly stated on the media packaging

- this is my all OEM parts kit below i offer .....

thanks ,
neat idea ... :)

-i chose the off white Toyota version because overall its a bit thicker NYLON , and this is super UV Rated bomb proof too ///

- also , i think it very certain the ones installed at AARCO Auto Body at PLANT A11 , were a front facing clips bay , that style is a bad design on a 60/62 , the vertical clip bays is a more solid foundation over the long term

see tech comparison image below ....fyi

the little round race car tires rod end grommets are a no brainer to refresh any time a rod clip fails /........

fit form and factory function is always the best way hands down ....:popcorn:

1707523755166.png

1707523743640.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom