Holley sniper problems (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There are tons of options out there for the LS3 injector dimensions
Cool, I think you are on the path to finding an appropriate alternative that will help more than just Cruiser folks with this series of Sniper. I'm not 100% sure but I believe most if not all Snipers use the same injectors? At least the two barrel body type do.

@thecrazygreek has used the 2GC size Sniper, both small bore and large bore in F and 2F setups; I wonder if those models use different spec injectors than the 2300?

Never mind; from Holley's web site, even the small bore 2GC Sniper has the same 100 lb/hr injectors.

All good information.
Sorry to hijack the OP's thread with this but I think it's relative to the situation at hand.

I myself do not see the injector being the issue. The only thing an injector does is open and close . They don’t open bigger or smaller . How long they are open and amount of fuel pressure will change things for sure . Let’s face it when the sniper works it’s great . They had a ton of little issues with the sniper 1 that they fixed for the 2. And I am sure the 2 will have things pop up also that can be improved upon . Since I switched to the 2 my car runs much better and no issues as of yet

I myself do not see the injector being the issue. The only thing an injector does is open and close . They don’t open bigger or smaller . How long they are open and amount of fuel pressure will change things for sure . Let’s face it when the sniper works it’s great . They had a ton of little issues with the sniper 1 that they fixed for the 2. And I am sure the 2 will have things pop up also that can be improved upon . Since I switched to the 2 my car runs much better and no issues as of yet
Agreed, but a clogged injector limits the fuel delivery causing issues.
IE fuel starvation. A carburetor will do the same thing.
Simply watching for equal fuel spray on both sides will diagnose an area of concern. If the fuel is the same your problem is somewhere else. If it's not then it's an easily replaced part.

Last edited:
Now you got me thinking 🤦🏻‍♂️ . On the blue 40 I have it has the gm style ( howel ) efi. I need to see what those injectors are as far as lbs. I do know it’s only like 6-12 psi though something like that

The Aisan carb and no computer gadgetry on my '69 40 runs so well... such a simple setup, perfect, it's a 40. I still don't get why everyone wants to overcomplicate something that works. I can fine tune my carb and timing with a single screwdrover and 12mm wrench.

The Aisan carb and no computer gadgetry on my '69 40 runs so well... such a simple setup, perfect, it's a 40. I still don't get why everyone wants to overcomplicate something that works. I can fine tune my carb and timing with a single screwdrover and 12mm wrench.
Agreed 100%. This information is for the Sniper guys.

Some of us actually take them off road and in the rocks .

Some of us actually take them off road and in the rocks .
Yes we do.

20220828_104554.jpg

20230828_134658.jpg

I certainly am not saying you can not wheel with a carb. There were plenty of rigs that have wheeled before EFi And still to this day there are rigs still running a carb . Hell I just took my sniper off and put my carb on and ran the Rubicon. But when you get in the really off camber stuff EFI is much better . Carbs are easy and cheap But when you get into a sketchy situation a carb is not your friend

Good news..!!

Out of uncontrollable automotive curiosity, where is your O2 sensor located? Are you using a heat sink adapter?

New O2 sensor installed. Problem solved
Numbers are back in the normal range.
Runs like it did before.

What a timely thread, my 02 sensor grenaded last week on my way home from work. I was driving down the road and the AFR instantly pegged to 35.6. I turned off closed loop, limped home. I installed a Bosch 17025 O2 sensor last night and it runs better than ever.

Im going to give one of the 02 sensor extenders a try. I went with the Innovate Motorsports 3729 Heat-Sink Bung Extender HBX-1.

Lesson learned... if your AFR spikes to 35.6 for no apparent reason, turn the truck off, turn off closed loop, and limp home.

Comparison of the Sniper and LSA injector. Just had to swap the Orings over and perfect fit.

B770F9CC-9592-4D73-B1ED-08C322ADBD21.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom